Member Array
    Car:
    Jdm EG6

Duel turbo Exhaust

Hi guys just need your feedback on turbo exhaust system.
    What i mean is with having a 3" or bigger exhaust on a lowered car, the exhaust scrapes on every bump and hump, now would it be possible to have the exhaust after the dump pipe split into two, 2" exhausts or smaller and still be a high flowing exhaust?
    Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    hmm id tap it. Even in mid air like that. Possibly with the pee pee flying out too.
    you guys remember squirtqueen.com ? I spent many a hr in computer studies in yr 10 looking that up.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Its possible to do anything. You really need to look under your car to see what route(s) you can take.

If you want the equivalent to a single 3 inch pipe. Work out the cross-sectional area of it. Then work out the cross-sectional area of 2 x 2 inch pipes.

Thats primary school grade 5 I think.

High flowing really depends on what obstructions there are. Any straight through system I would call high flowing, dependant on the size of pipe and use/application.
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jdm EG6
    would the obstruction of the y piece to allow the 3" dump pipe into the two 2" exhaust pipes cause much flow restriction? I usually work on the basis that people all do the same thing cause it works well hance one 3" exhaust or Bigger, But i havent seen anybody do this exhaust setup , so what would be its downfall?
    hmm id tap it. Even in mid air like that. Possibly with the pee pee flying out too.
    you guys remember squirtqueen.com ? I spent many a hr in computer studies in yr 10 looking that up.

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX SiR turbo
    what car is this for?most of the smaller hondas underbodies arent made for twin catback exhaust pipes.

the Y piece shouldnt be a prob as it would be similar to a GTR having 2 dump pipes into 1 exhaust.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jdm EG6
    EG. the pipes were going to be parallel all the way through, not on eighter side of the car.

ok i c what you mean.

so you will have the two 2" exhaust pipes going thru the exhaust tunnel side by side to each other...lots of welding and lots of labour. could be worth it though

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX SiR turbo
    i dont think 2x2" pipes will fit in the exhaust well of the underbody.especially when it comes to the 2 90 deg bends and you'll have to go under the lca.

just stick to a 3" and have your car raised an extra 1" than normal. not alot of diff in height and you can fit a 3" nice and high

Member Array
    Car:
    Jdm EG6
    ill have a chat with some exhaust ppl and c what they say and go fron there, thanks everyone

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    creates turbulance when they merge, and reduces the flow slightly due to this
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION