Car:
    Suabaru > Honda
    hey u n00b
    these threads aren't allowed
    learn to read forum rules

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6ish
    get an s2000, its rwd. My 25 year old 40kw was more 'fun' than my turbo civic. WHy? Cos i could get the thing sidewayz
    Ctrl + W

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by |N| View Post
    look elsewhere if u want straightline performance.. ie. another brand...
    agreed!
    if you want a sraightline car go get some other car that easier and cheaper to mod. go get an evo 6 for 25k.

IMO honestly driving the S2K is never boring as a daily, let alone on the track.
    and the DC2R is alot more enjoyable to drive than the DC5R.

But S2K will always win everytime.

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 323I, 2003 320ci
    i think what you're looking for might not be there in the s2k. its not a racecar. its not a muscle car

its got the power when you need it and when you rev high enough. its great for cruising in and enjoying the summers with

want 1/4miles? get a S15 or something and spend the rest of the money on mods.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK Gli
    if you want straightline power go for a supra or boatline, i mean skyline.
    I'm a sex addict, its my cross to bear. Its a real disease with doctors and medicine and everything.

Member Array
    Car:
    T80
    ^^

BTW even though s2k is rwd supposedly it's not too easy to get the tail to really kick out on the corners.

A dc5r stock is good for about 14 flat with a good driver and maybe basic breather mods. so not too much slower than an s2k in straight line speed

Either way neither is made for straight line
    OZHONDA 4 LYFE!

BRING BACK THE SPOTTED THREAD

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK Gli
    DC5R hitting 14.0 flat with just intake, headers and exhaust is quite a generous statement
    I'm a sex addict, its my cross to bear. Its a real disease with doctors and medicine and everything.

Member Array
    Car:
    Liberty GTspecB
    Quote Originally Posted by evoline View Post
    if you want straightline power go for a supra or boatline, i mean skyline.
    yep +1. if you want 1/4 times down a straight patch of rd, get a nissan

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    The Dc5 And Dc2's are great cars they will both scare many other cars through the corners and the race track

Also they are just awsome cars tuned to levels other manufactures don't understand.

But the s2000 is a faster car by a decent margin.. and they do the back end out if you want to...

I dragged a clubsport r8 the other night in the s2k and beat him once i got into second they can be tricky to launch though..

bought for the s2k f or the whole package speed + cornering.

But the typer's are fairly unstoppable on twist mountain road..

I know coz ive had em all..

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    I have owned both a dc2r and S2000 (current car)

The S2000 as many have said is a fun car to drive, awesome car to have during summer! Mine is a daily and if you dont mind a 2 seater that is sorta impractical then this car is for you. However, i think its a car that requires more of a dedicated driver, its requires more input from the driver and if you drive it like an idiot expect to be in an accident of some sort.....

The dc2r is much easier to drive around a track like wakefield for a beginner while in contrast the s2000 demands alot more dedication, rear end tends to snap out which would often catch out an unsuspecting driver.

The dc2r is more orietated to track/racing than an s2000, the s2000 was designed as a roadster for mountain runs. The leather seats are crap for circuit racing!

so i think thats it. End of the day it comes down to whatever your comfortable with, some people buy the s2000 because they think its 'cool' but end up selln a short time after because they realise its not a car for them

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Corolla G
    Quote Originally Posted by evoline View Post
    DC5R hitting 14.0 flat with just intake, headers and exhaust is quite a generous statement
    Its been done by one of the forums members here.

Car even had a sunroof as well lol

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK Gli
    screenshot or it never happened