Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Earth, Milky Way
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro (LUX)

New Honda NSX Prototype Comes Out To Play

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080617....es-out-to-play

Honda were hardly likely to leave Nissan and Toyota to steal all the thunder in the supercar market as they look to provide some serious competition with its new NSX. Previously we had only seen prototypes of the new model sporting the body of the S2000, but now for the first time the model has come out showing its new body styling albeit with the annoying black and white camoflage.

Unlike the previous mid-engined NSX this prototype is running a front-mid engine, with its powerplant placed well behind the front wheels to ensure excellent weight distribution. This should also allow the new NSX to offer 2+2 cabin accommodation, broadening its appeal against the Nissan GT-R and Lexus LF-A - particularly in the USA.

What that engine is remains very much a mystery. There’s talk of a high-revving naturally aspirated V10, which would fit in very comfortably with Honda’s Type R philosophy. Honda’s not as obsessed as many by big horsepower outputs, but even so an output of 450 hp seems likely. Should such an engine be fitted to the sort of lightweight body as the previous NSX, the performance would be exceptional. Four-wheel-drive, with rearward bias, is also rumoured, the handling expected to be controlled by a version of Honda’s electronic Super Handling All-Wheel Drive.

The Honda NSX is not expected until 2009 and on top of its Japanese rivals it must also compete with the likes of the Porsche 911 Turbo, Ferrari F430 and the Lamborghini Gallardo.

Member Array
    Car:
    2011 FPV F6
    Finally,something from Honda to get excited about rather than always reading about some freaking new or updated SUV they brought out!

I can't see shit under all that camo or is that part of the plan lol
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    95 BB4 Si Vtec
    Can`t wait to see more uncloaked pics,i like the proposed figures

Member Array
    Car:
    usdm whore
    looks and sounds more like an updated s2k.

no resemblance to an NSX at all.

Member Array
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Earth, Milky Way
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro (LUX)
    I really prefer the original HSC concept.

Hooray, finally something new, will be great to see it in the flesh, tho i spose it will never get to Australia
    Every Day You Don't Practice, Is A Day You Get Worse
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK9 CTR
    Exciting... yet a lil disappointing.

I reckon it's best if they moved away from the NSX name and let the legend go with the original model. This one is so different... front engine, rwd/4wd and it looks like it'll be as fat as a supra/gtr... yuk. Anyways it's just the beginning i guess... hopefully it'll live up to expectations and be another sick Honda supercar, only with a different name.
    arrowz

OTO-KREW

Member Array
    Car:
    Long history
    the shape looks boring to shit..

looks like an accord

has no NSX styling heritage

Quote Originally Posted by ShAwNeX View Post
    I really prefer the original HSC concept.
    Definitely with you there, but it seems they want the FM layout and 4WD so HSC will only ever be a concept This thing whatever its going to be called will never make it to Australia... If we do get it, it'll be under Acura most likely and cost both your testicles and more...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    2011 FPV F6
    If you read this Edmunds article it says that it should have a 5.5L V10, 410Kw and nearly 570Nm.
    If Mr Fukui's instructions to Honda's R&D are accurate,then the car will be a very significant contender in the sports car arena.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=127306

Member Array
    Car:
    usdm whore
    Change the engine and drivetrain to a 2.x Litre FWD, reduce the price to 30g's. 08/09 CRX FTW !!

Last edited by z3lda; 18-06-2008 at 07:01 PM.