Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

fuel comsumption

The best i can do on my cvt vti is 8.0l/100km with 16" alloy and michelin pilot preceda......i was always running it in inner city...

wats yours?

Member Array
    Car:
    Enzo
    7.6/100km with 14" stock wheels running both city and highway driving
    "It’s more fun to drive a slow car fast than to drive a fast car slow."

Member Array
    Car:
    2k2 Jazz VTi
    Just city cycle, about 6.2l/100km. Combined, 5.8l/100km

Car is completely stock, and usually I'm the only one in the car.

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3 Vti-S, S15 Spec R GT
    Fuel consumption really depends how you drive. It really affects it.

Hi...

Me..average = 7.9L/100km, running w/ 17" wheels, custom exhaust & intake.

Member Array
    Car:
    '08 Odyssey Lux
    stock VTi-S
    but the lowest i can get out of my car is about 6.7L/100km city cycle with short bursts on the M4

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    well i put on some normal unleaded last week as Optimax was out of stock. it seems that the fuel comsumption is lower with normail unleaded!! it seems weird and does anyone else tried both??

Member Array
    Car:
    Fridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip Lee
    well i put on some normal unleaded last week as Optimax was out of stock. it seems that the fuel comsumption is lower with normail unleaded!! it seems weird and does anyone else tried both??
    its normal for a car to have better mileage on premium unleaded. Also what sort of maintenance the car has will affect it greatly too.

Running a good engine and gearbox oil will make your car more fuel efficient.

on our stock CVT VTi-S, we only get about 4-500 out of a full tank of premium. but its still running in.. only 1500km on the odometer so far... hopefully will enjoy the type of fuel economy you guys get soon.
    Last edited by Kit; 20-09-2004 at 12:45 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    00DC2R
    stock VTI manual.
    weekly fuel consumption ~6.2L/100km - daily-grind city driving.

i'm sure all of us can get at least 600km out of the full tank. even with the "low fuel" indicator on, i'm sure it's good for another 50km.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2R
    Car: VTi CVT auto

I get 5.6L/100km driving from home (gosford) to city (sydney CBD) in the morning. It is more coming home, about 6.0, due to unsmooth stop-start traffic.

The biggest effect on consumption is without a doubt, the length of your trips. Short trips make it shoot way up. Medium trips make it almost impossible to achieve a below 6.5L/100km. But on a long trip, you'll find it goes down alot especially if you reset the counter while the engine is already warm.

The only way to achieve the advertised figures, is with long trips, preferably with the car already warmed up, and without exceeding 100km/h for extended periods of time. (Sitting at 110 on the freeway uses a bit more than 100, I've found)

Also, my car reported these figures from when it was new, to now (almost 70,000km on the clock). I have switched to premium petrol but I was able to achieve <6L/100km easily in long highway drives with standard unleaded by going easy on the accelerator...

- Andrew

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    I'm getting around 8.5L/100kms around the city seeing 6,000 rpm about twice a day
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Quote Originally Posted by wyl03

i'm sure all of us can get at least 600km out of the full tank. even with the "low fuel" indicator on, i'm sure it's good for another 50km.
    600km!? i can't!!