Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 05 WRX vs. DC5R

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra GSi

Question 05 WRX vs. DC5R

I'm looking at buying a new car soon and looking to spend around 20k-25k. I've looked at all sorts of things like 05 WRX's, Accord Euro's, 08 Holden Astra Coupes (terrible depreciation value), Polo GTI, Honda Integra DC5's, even a smart car roadster...Im currently driving a GSi integra.

Now my question to DC5 owners is what are the things that I should be questioning when looking at DC5's? Are k's an issue? Any traits that DC5's have that I should be looking at (eg. dc2 integras have a problem with water leaks to the boot and driveshafts issues)

And finally are you happy with the DC5? Because out of all the cars i've had a look at, i like the 05 WRX and the DC5 the best. Some opinions on how the 2 would compare (eg. fuel consumption, age vs. ks). Im just needing some opinions on what to do!?!?! Thanks
    WTB DC5R..... PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra GSi
    and also, is the dc5 luxury vtec?

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    dc5 luxury is vtec.

i would say u can grab a dc5R for your budget.

a common thing wen test driving is 2nd gear being hard to shift to when car is cold.

look out for recaro wear and tear. i would actually suggest that you get someone qualified to inspect a car in that price range and above.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by integra95 View Post
    and also, is the dc5 luxury vtec?
    Are you refering to the DC5S.?

Both DC5R/S are very good cars and respond to mods well.

Obviously the WRX is a completely different car to drive and has nothing in common with the DC5.

Just drive both and see which you like best. I'd like to state the obvious that from a maintenance point of view, especially if you're buyng secondhand, that the WRX would cost more to run in everyway! I'm sure there is a difference in the insurance aswell.

I believe when it comes to buying a car, just get the one you want so there are no regrets!

power, torque and mods wise, the rex will be much better in my opinion having owned a 185wkw REX and a DC2R. Simple mods on a REX will gain you far greater power then putting alot of money into a DC5. I had a DC2R for 2 weeks and the lack of torque in hondas just drives me up the wall and you do have to rev it hard. Rexys can be modded to have alot of low down power and it just pushes it so quickly with the right mods on it. You just don't get that feeling from any honda ...maybe unless they're turboed. You'll never get anywhere near that sort of power at the wheels unless you're spending alot. And because the 05s have gone down in price and probably the best looking, I think it's a great buy .. and more practical as well.

one thing though , handling wise in standard form ... the DC5 will be alot better.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra GSi
    The DC5 Luxury i've been seeing are on carpoint and carsales...they are around 18-20k. They don't, however, say Type S and some have lip kits and some dont? Im not sure if there is a different model?

Cheers for the comments

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by integra95 View Post
    The DC5 Luxury i've been seeing are on carpoint and carsales...they are around 18-20k. They don't, however, say Type S and some have lip kits and some dont? Im not sure if there is a different model?

Cheers for the comments
    Type S's usually go for about the same money as the DC5R's, if not a liittle more since they're newer.

Just look at ther year model, I think Type s only came in about 04/05ish.....

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    ^ Not quite,
    Most Type S's that i've seen still fetch over 30k...between 30-35.
    Thats way higher than the DC5R bracket.
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra GSi
    so wots this integra luxury i keep seeing? they are a lot cheaper than the R's and S's and have leather buckets...they vtec or just like a GSi

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    In the dc5 range, theres the Type R/S models, theres the Luxury model, and then theres the base model.

And yes, they all have vtec
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

yeah base model and luxury sharing the same engine...not sure on the specs i think the base/luxury are around 118kw type r 147kw and type s 15?3 maybe, something like that correct if im wrong!....so yes they do all have vtec but big diff from base/luxury to typeR/S in terms or power!

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    they dont have the same engine

but are in the k series range.