Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 05 WRX vs. DC5R

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra GSi
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic VTi-R View Post
    hey integra95, my mate is sellin his 2004 DC5R if your interested just pm me

2004 DC5R, silver/black, no mods factory stock, low kms only 45,000, rego till october 2008
    deffinately interested has he posted it for sale on any of the car sites/forums?...PM me and give me some details

cheers
    WTB DC5R..... PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra GSi
    Quote Originally Posted by air23box View Post
    Not truth......its digital so you can't to anything of it.....plus jap ppl dun drive like us here.....unless from country area.....but they will sell it of b4 it hit 50000km anywayz....due to price is a lot cheaper.....When they go for long trip they normally rent a cal coz price is so much cheaper then here......I live there before and I know how things work there....

Its totally illegal to do that in Japan and most of them are digital these days.....most Japan ppl take their cars to factory to do service coz it doesn't cost as much as here......and when they export car from their country they have lots of stuff to check......what they may do is swap the high km dash with low km one but that normally done after they leave the country by the importer.....

My opinion is test drive them both and see which one you like.....but due to the high petrol price you pretty much go toward DC5......and to help yourself to make the final decision is what do you want from your car.....I think this been cover so many times......if you will see track....get a DC5R....but if you just mod it up a bit and only use it as daily.....a base or Type S will be the choice....but seeing you come from a DC4 any DC5 range will satisfied ur needs......interior is more moden, more space, more power and less road noise to the cabin......its a better car to live with......but keep in mine its a 2 door couple at the end of the day....ans rex have 4 doors.....If I have a family I will go rex.....if not for sure DC5 all the way.....

So many good points been cover by other members and I think its still up to you to make the final judgement......good luck with the search and let us know how things work out......
    I think after all the opinions im deffinately going to have a look at the DC5 series. Pretty pumped to get out there and have a look now...jsut got sell the dc4 and im good to go.

Thanks for all the comments
    WTB DC5R..... PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

mate, the DC5R is a good choice as well... both are at completely diff ends of the scale though. For the Integra, its vtecing the motor that gives you the most pleasure, the engine feels like it loves to rev right up to the limiter. Scooby's on the other hand is all about the torque and the boost at about 3000-4000.

When I drive the Honda's, I keep hitting vtec even on the streets and only shifting closer to redline, when i drove my Scooby... I find myself shifting at about 4000ish rpm instead. Its just a completely different feel to driving it.

but my suggestion is start with a DC5R and move on to boost later on, hopefully you'll have the same experience as me where you'll love boost but after awhile, you'll just miss the rev happy Honda motors :P.

air23box, mate... I'm sorry, I read through your post twice and I can't seem to understand what you're trying to say. But I'm 100% sure you can wind back Digital Odo's, they're just as easy as analogue ones these days...

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, GSXR600, CRF250R
    Quote Originally Posted by air23box View Post
    Not truth......its digital so you can't to anything of it.....plus jap ppl dun drive like us here.....unless from country area.....but they will sell it of b4 it hit 50000km anywayz....due to price is a lot cheaper.....When they go for long trip they normally rent a cal coz price is so much cheaper then here......I live there before and I know how things work there....

Its totally illegal to do that in Japan and most of them are digital these days.....most Japan ppl take their cars to factory to do service coz it doesn't cost as much as here......and when they export car from their country they have lots of stuff to check......what they may do is swap the high km dash with low km one but that normally done after they leave the country by the importer.....

My opinion is test drive them both and see which one you like.....but due to the high petrol price you pretty much go toward DC5......and to help yourself to make the final decision is what do you want from your car.....I think this been cover so many times......if you will see track....get a DC5R....but if you just mod it up a bit and only use it as daily.....a base or Type S will be the choice....but seeing you come from a DC4 any DC5 range will satisfied ur needs......interior is more moden, more space, more power and less road noise to the cabin......its a better car to live with......but keep in mine its a 2 door couple at the end of the day....ans rex have 4 doors.....If I have a family I will go rex.....if not for sure DC5 all the way.....

So many good points been cover by other members and I think its still up to you to make the final judgement......good luck with the search and let us know how things work out......
    mate digital odo's can be wound back to , if they no what there doing and crack the settings its actually easier than a analog one beleive it or not.
    /Oo_\\ __H__//_oO\
    \()_______[DC5]()/

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4 & Jazz VTI...
    Nv go base integra for 118kw..its like the GSI.. living in the shadow of the big boys..

Go DC5R.. with 20-25k.. Kms are not tat big an issue with honda and N/a cars.. DC5R has sufficient daily torque and gd power(147kw) with superb handling ready for fun..

20-25k if u getting the facelifted WRX 05 model.. the sedan 1 i presume.. not the hatch tat jus came out... I dun tink u can get a decent one for under 25k.. and u would wan a turbo car to come at a decent/low km so its good condition etc..

So IMO, either get the 03 wrx for 20-25k... save more to get the 05wrx or 03wrx STI(which would wipe every1 out)... if not DC5R is the best to get given ur budget...
    Last edited by VT1-R; 29-06-2008 at 09:54 AM.
    JDM Ek4 Squad Perth..
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi View Post
    Fact is you should get over ur EK4, cos its a POS FWD and its in the worse colour ever released.
    Get a real car then start bragging.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R, S15
    I own a '03 DC5R, and I got to swap cars with my friend's '05 WRX for a day.

To live with day to day, i'd definately pick a wrx. Four doors, seats are easy to get in and out of. It feels higher and just feels like a regular car. Light steering, clutch etc. The only thing i hate is the gearbox, feels so shit lol.

Nothing beats a turbo rush, especially in first and second gear. The grip is amazing but the steering lets it down imo.

But I love driving my DC5R everyday, the seating position is lower than the rex. The gearbox feel is alot nicer and so is the interior overall. The steering is alot heavier but you get more feedback. Depending on the way you drive and what your used to, the screaming engine has an appeal of its own.

After driving the wrx, I thought jumping in my car would feel weak compared to the strong turbo pull. But the instant response of the NA engine definately makes you see both sides of the story.

Drive both and take which ever you feels the best for you
    K-Series sQuadron
    NA Squad

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, GSXR600, CRF250R
    dude are you serious? a wrx clutch is anything but light
    /Oo_\\ __H__//_oO\
    \()_______[DC5]()/

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    actually i agree with Amusevtec, the WRX clutch and steering are lighter than that of the DC5R
    183.2KW ATW
    BUILT BY DR
    Tuned by INSIGHT MOTORSPORT

12.44@109.9mph

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by FASN8U View Post
    Softie! Go drive an S2000 and then come back and complain about the S2000 clutch being heavier than the WRX. The WRX you drove probably had an aftermarket clutch.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4 & Jazz VTI...
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Softie! Go drive an S2000 and then come back and complain about the S2000 clutch being heavier than the WRX. The WRX you drove probably had an aftermarket clutch.

I drove my uncle's STI with stock clutch.. it as easy as ABC... I have exedy sports clutch on my ek.. I can say the STI stock clutch is slightly easier to play with than my exedy at times..
    JDM Ek4 Squad Perth..
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi View Post
    Fact is you should get over ur EK4, cos its a POS FWD and its in the worse colour ever released.
    Get a real car then start bragging.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda
    I would choose DC5R over 05 WRX...DC5R is just more fun to drive and easy to maintain.

but if you give me an option for DC5R vs 05 WRX STI...I would pick STI then.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R, S15
    Quote Originally Posted by FASN8U View Post
    Yeah I'm being serious why? Go drive one.
    K-Series sQuadron
    NA Squad