Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: s2k v dc2r

Member Array
    Car:
    Del Sol
    More cubes, 50/50 weight distribution, RWD - I don't see where the advantage is for the R?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R
    I was reading through an old magazine which had the Type-R and the S2000 do time attacks at Phillip Island, along with a lot of other different cars. Just to let you know, the Type-R had a cornering speed of 167km/h while the S2000 had a cornering speed of 155km/h. I don't know their actual lap times but those cornering speeds might say something? And in the end, the Type-R had the second highest cornering speed behind a Porsche Boxter S which had 168km/h...

yup read that as well.. old motor pcoty... that's why it is the best fwd handler in the world

Member Array
    Car:
    Audi TT 2.0T
    Quote Originally Posted by A'PEXi
    what are the weight of both cars? seems that the s2k would be lighter without a roof? (just guessing here correct me if im wrong) as weight plays a major role on the track...
    mmmm convertibles dont necessarily mean that they are lighter coz theres usually more weight on the car for reinforcements to make up for not having the roof

Member Array
    Car:
    4thGen Civic GL
    Quote Originally Posted by dc2r
    I was reading through an old magazine which had the Type-R and the S2000 do time attacks at Phillip Island, along with a lot of other different cars. Just to let you know, the Type-R had a cornering speed of 167km/h while the S2000 had a cornering speed of 155km/h. I don't know their actual lap times but those cornering speeds might say something? And in the end, the Type-R had the second highest cornering speed behind a Porsche Boxter S which had 168km/h...
    i read that too. The Honda Civic EM1 VtiR had a cornering speed of 160km/h.....(Porsche 911 Carrera did 166km/h) They didn't give lap times, as it rained, and throughout the day the track was, quote "...a mix of dry, greasy, slippery".

i know we are comparing a DC2R, let alone AUDM. But thought this "might" be relative.
    There is a Tsukuba battle where an S2K & a DC5R are racing amongst other cars....
    Time Attack wise, the S2K did 1:08.83 to the DC5R's 1:09.67 secs.
    Best Lap wise, the S2K did 1:09.03 to the DC5R's 1:09.79 secs.