Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    with my exhaust i ended up using more fuel all the time, always found that stock exhaust seem to be more fuel efficient
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 dc2r
    if car manufacturers could produce more pony's for less fuel consumption they'd fit bigger exhaust's to all their cars, to counter the noise factor they would just fit silencer's

the answer is bigger exhaust = more fuel consumption.

Quote Originally Posted by henrygiang View Post
    ej8 is a y8, not a y4. y8=SOHC vtec
    not all ej8's are y8 mate, some are y4.....including my brothers

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK
    ej8 badged the GLi Coupe = y4 engine
    ej8 badged the VTi Coupe = y8 engine

thatll clear it up.
    ||bye bye civic || hello awd turbo ||

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Si Hatchie
    the effect the exhaust would have would really only be minimal and only over a small rpm range. the smaller exhaust/ stock is more suited to daily driving as stated before due to the exhaust pulses increasing low rpm efficency. tho. during accelartion and higher rpm a good header and correctly tuned diameter exhaust not only wil increase flow and power but will move this greater efficency point higher creating more useable midrange power and top end. now this is where more people would skew the result by being more heavy footed but in theory the engine from being more efficent in these higher load conditions would save fuel.
    Is this the end of my car modding days? Buying a house says so...

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey RA1 sooo old
    cool well since i usually travel at 100 on the highway everyday, a better exhaust sounds like it will do me some good.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Si Hatchie
    no it wont unless you like a droning baaahhhhhhhhh

now make sure you invest in quality mufflers. the rear muffler is what removes the higher pitched tones and the front removes the lower sounds.

i cut the rear muffler off one of my old cars and it screamed well but never stopped = headache

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey RA1 sooo old
    Quote Originally Posted by 55EXX View Post
    no it wont unless you like a droning baaahhhhhhhhh

now make sure you invest in quality mufflers. the rear muffler is what removes the higher pitched tones and the front removes the lower sounds.

i cut the rear muffler off one of my old cars and it screamed well but never stopped = headache
    lmao. lol

dont kno about baffel'd mufflers. allways liked thestraight thru (hot dog) type

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 dc2r
    Quote Originally Posted by 55EXX View Post
    sooo, i'd actually like my car engine to sound a little like a motor bike / f1 kinda noise. anyone done this to their car?

from this statement, i'm guessing i'd just drop in a muffler at the front and remove the lower sounds, and only have the higher sounds?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Si Hatchie
    in theoy yeah but it will lower the overall sound output, restrict flow and make your car sound like that crappy raspy noise you hear from na stock 4cyl with just an el cheapo cannon. i would be more inclined to removing the rear muffler all together