Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Launch Control

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic B16A
    seen plenty on Turbo cars..but seldom on N/A...

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    Quote Originally Posted by todaek9 View Post
    seen plenty on Turbo cars..but seldom on N/A...
    the jdmyard civic uses it,i even tried it on my shitbox,lol.
    plenty of NA cars around loading up on an LC

Its a waste of time, track conditions always change. Ive seen so many ppl having it and regreting it. I wouldnt get it unless u can change it ur self
    OZ Most Powerful K Series 279WHP
    101 MotorSport CRX
    Eastern Creek 1:35:1
    QR Clubman 54.7
    OZ Fastest FF

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    Quote Originally Posted by ONE600 View Post
    Its a waste of time, track conditions always change. Ive seen so many ppl having it and regreting it. I wouldnt get it unless u can change it ur self
    QFT

especially on a car not running slicks or high HP.

Member Array
    Car:
    the non-honda type
    Quote Originally Posted by ONE600 View Post
    I have to agree here, unless you can tune it at the track, it's hard to get the right setup...

Member Array
    Car:
    delsol crx
    x2 if you havnt setup launch control you must bring a laptop to experiment...

it sucks if you dnt have an lsd and good tyres... ive found launch control to work ok without an lsd and good tyres if you rev it out but only 3 quarter throttle... if you go full throttle expect lots of wheeel spin and shit 60ft times lol

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    Quote Originally Posted by delsol9000rpms View Post

it sucks if you dnt have an lsd and good tyres... ive found launch control to work ok without an lsd and good tyres if you rev it out but only 3 quarter throttle... if you go full throttle expect lots of wheeel spin and shit 60ft times lol
    i adjusted mine right down to 2500rpm last time & still got nowhere,still no amount of clutch work or throttle back off could get me off the line,if u have to back off the throttle under launch control theres not much point having it activated to begin with.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic B16A
    Dude, i was saying throwing flame...seldom sees it on N/A cars...

Quote Originally Posted by CRXer View Post
    the jdmyard civic uses it,i even tried it on my shitbox,lol.
    plenty of NA cars around loading up on an LC

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    Dude, i was saying throwing flame...seldom sees it on N/A cars...
    seldom do NA cars go to ignition cut,dont need to try spool no turbo,so not needed,fuel cut is fine.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic B16A
    And this is why i'd ask does Launch control offered by all the ECU has the same system/function/setup...I guess some are just diff..
    you do not need a laptop on the spot to experiment with it...some ecu does offer Data Logging for x amount of time...tuner then will mix and match the best possible launch using the log and create a file best suit the car...

Quote Originally Posted by delsol9000rpms View Post

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    And this is why i'd ask does Launch control offered by all the ECU has the same system/function/setup...I guess some are just diff..
    you do not need a laptop on the spot to experiment with it...some ecu does offer Data Logging for x amount of time...tuner then will mix and match the best possible launch using the log and create a file best suit the car...
    dude ,the tuner would not have a clue what the track conditions are going to be on the night,they change dramatically,what are u gonna datalog to adjust for this??????????

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic B16A
    ok...let me ask...if comparing 18 degree and 30 degree, will it gonna change 0.5 sec of your time???

launch ctrl that offers ground speed detection will help to give an est of "more or less wheel spin" while u launch the car...so track temp will not have too much to concern if the file created is perfect...
    Last edited by todaek9; 10-07-2008 at 10:55 PM.