Car:
    delsol crx
    Quote Originally Posted by nigs View Post
    side step clutch,
    ay mate what does that mean?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic B16A
    but some ECU offers limited wheel spin correspondent to rear wheel speed while you use LC function...But a good setup can help a 60ft and ET alot more consistent...

i only know that track temp will either make the track less or more grip..

Member Array
    Car:
    the non-honda type
    Quote Originally Posted by todaek9 View Post
    but some ECU offers limited wheel spin correspondent to rear wheel speed while you use LC function...But a good setup can help a 60ft and ET alot more consistent...
    Yes, but in a lot of cases, it has to be adjusted as well according to the track. It is just a set of values inputted, they do not change according to how the car is driving at the time. Unless it is a quite advanced one.

Member Array
    Car:
    Crew for Hi-Comp Civic

Iif you are so sure about what you are saying why ask the question in the first place? Its almost like you have an opinion and no what anyone tells you, you will only listen to what you want to hear.

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop

As RICER said,thats some mighty sophisticated electronics your talking about there,of which ive never seen or even heard of in LCs at the everyday end of the market.

Mind pointing me in the direction of where u found such a product?

Read back a few posts ,u'll see how hard it is to setup,even if being of any use at all on street tyres,before u can get to any level of consistency at all.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic B16A
    I'm just not sure is all the LC function'ed the same way, thats why i'd ask...and that's why i'd said "SOME"...not all...i didn't ask how to tune and all that...

all i'm asking if there is a diff in every ECU that offers LC, what is so diff bout it...thats all...

Yes, there are some High end ECU offers some serious function so that it'll limit the " wheel spin " correspondent to the "Real Speed" when you Launch...just see how those cars offers LC for rear wheel drive...

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy rooster View Post
    Iif you are so sure about what you are saying why ask the question in the first place? Its almost like you have an opinion and no what anyone tells you, you will only listen to what you want to hear.

Member Array
    Car:
    Crew for Hi-Comp Civic
    Remember that a "2 step" rev limiter and traction control are NOT the same thing. I think you are confusing the 2 and adding them together to get launch control. Unless I am mistaken (which does happen ) you are wanting both that only comes with very high end systems as has been said. Unless your willing to empty your pockets a number of times over you will either get a "2 step" system (most probably) or a traction control system which is much more expensive and requires many wheel sensors.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic B16A
    Hmm...but does those Ferrari's had TCS while using LC?...
    and how F1 launch their car W/o TCS?...

Member Array
    Car:
    the non-honda type
    go and ask ferrari.

Hmm...but does those Ferrari's had TCS while using LC?...
    and how F1 launch their car W/o TCS?...
    The 599, does use traction control and has much more advance LC system. Most common LC systems on the market is a pretty much set at a certain rpm where as the ferarri you can launch at any hi rpm and tcs takes over.

F1 cars these days are all manual. No launch or tration control is allowed, except they use their fingers to control the clutch
    OZ Most Powerful K Series 279WHP
    101 MotorSport CRX
    Eastern Creek 1:35:1
    QR Clubman 54.7
    OZ Fastest FF

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic B16A
    ok..thanx for all the info...
    So i guess Some LC uses TCS as one...