Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    FD2
    i was told that for the police to check if you lights are blue or not, they hold up a white A4 piece of paper infront of your headlights.
    if it is blue then BAM! yellow sticker
    but was also told that you need 3 things wrong with your car to be yellow stickered. is this true?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    no its not true my mate got yellow stickered on the spot for having only blue parkers nothing else .. bad luck for him =\

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    09' Civic FD2
    Quote Originally Posted by edmbranch View Post
    got the headlights from post today

the projector, with CCFL rings + 4 LEDs

it's kinda untidy quality work.. the grey stuff is apparently ABS mould. but i might use a bit of silicone gel to seal up the gaps, kinda worried that it would cause some moisture to settle in the headlamps.. but, the seller mentioned that it's supposed to be moist after installation as the headlight is designed to allow cold air in and hot air out, allowing moisture to get out too.. any suggestions? should i put silicone gel over the gaps before i install it?

waiting for the HID's to arrive..
    Just wondering. Would these be suitable for the 09' FD2 as well??

edmbranch - how much did it cost you all up? Did you get 6k HIDs? Also how hard were they to install? Did you end up covering the gaps with the silicone?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzy View Post
    Just wondering. Would these be suitable for the 09' FD2 as well??

edmbranch - how much did it cost you all up? Did you get 6k HIDs? Also how hard were they to install? Did you end up covering the gaps with the silicone?

Thanks!
    should fit properly, but i'm not very 100% sure, it's easy to install if you have a mate with you, just need to take off the clips around the bumper bars (in the engine bay, under the bumper bar, in the wheel arches[splash guards])

and with some force, pry the bar off.. and then you gotta take off the headlamp brace below the stock headlamps.. some nuts are hard to reach, so u need a wrench/proper toolbox.. swap the headlamps connect the wires and put everything back..

yes i got 6K HID's and no i didn't seal it.. it works fine.. been 1 1/2 years all working good.. as for the costs.. i got it when the dollar was strong..

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1, Impreza, GE6
    so the 09' and 08' has the same shape headlights?hmmm
    i might want to buy an 09 headlight...anyone?

yes it's the same shape.. just darker trim.. more like FD2R

but i dunno if the placement of the holes for the lights are the same.. i haven't compared it to pre facelift..

and the parts department that i go to tells me they have different hole placements(for the bolts and nuts).. (right, like they know much..) and i think the whole set of headlights when i went for a quote was roughly 1200..

edit: oh wait, i just remember my mate's car that got into an accident, it was replaced with 09 headlights.. so should fit perfectly..

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 FD1
    hey edm, did ur projectors come with halogens, which u then swapped out for HIDs, or were there no bulbs included at all?

also.. is anyone here selling those blacked out style angel eye projectors?

yea came with halogens.. but i bought hid's

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 FD1
    would u be able to say (or PM me) where u got them from and how much it cost u all up?

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    i reckon blacked out looks baaad.

just my $0.02

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    09' Civic FD2
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    would u be able to say (or PM me) where u got them from and how much it cost u all up?
    There was a link already provided at the start of the thread. Although the item on ebay doesn't exist anymore, you can find the same one by searching the same description.

$300 + $91p/h = $391

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    i reckon blacked out looks baaad.

just my $0.02

i like it lol. i think it looks better than the chrome version and i dont like the fairly lights on the audi style LED ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzy View Post
    There was a link already provided at the start of the thread. Although the item on ebay doesn't exist anymore, you can find the same one by searching the same description.

$300 + $91p/h = $391
    yeah, i just wanted to know if anyone wanted to get rid of ones they already own for cheaper lol