Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FD2 issues?

FD2 issues?

My FD2 hasn't gone past 1000Kms yet but it is drinking fuel like it is going out of fashion fast. It is currently at 1/3 tank and it has only covered 250kms. The fuel consumption worse than my 12 yr old 1.8L Ford laser.

I've read somewhere that new cars drink a lot but isn't this too much? Should I be worried? Or is this normal?

Also, the driver's side window is gets stuck all the time. One would've thought that they would have solved this problem by now.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Is this your first or 2nd tank that you are on? You can't use the 1st tank to calculate fuel consumption because it is not filled to the top by your dealer.

For your other issue with the stuck window, it is covered under warranty. Many FD1 and FD2 civics have that problem.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67030
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Is this your first or 2nd tank that you are on? You can't use the 1st tank to calculate fuel consumption because it is not filled to the top by your dealer.

For your other issue with the stuck window, it is covered under warranty. Many FD1 and FD2 civics have that problem.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67030
    Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the quick reply. It's on it's 3rd tank.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1, RS125
    There are many factors regarding fuel consumption. For example, type of fuel, weather conditions, your driving patterns, highway driving or city driving etc...

My new 08 FD1 has been averaging about 9.4L/100km, but that's a lot of city driving and me driving a bit hard.

Quote Originally Posted by howy View Post
    There are many factors regarding fuel consumption. For example, type of fuel, weather conditions, your driving patterns, highway driving or city driving etc...

My new 08 FD1 has been averaging about 9.4L/100km, but that's a lot of city driving and me driving a bit hard.
    Mostly City Driving. I have putting in Premium 98 RON in the past two fillups. Not driving hard at all...

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1, RS125
    Yeh same, i've been using ultimate coz BP is pretty close to me. But I might change to another to see if there's any difference.

I've heard that some 98's are better than others...

I did remember also reading somewhere that rainy conditions tend to increase fuel consumption, not sure if it's true though.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by triode12 View Post
    Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the quick reply. It's on it's 3rd tank.
    When you say 1/3 tank and 250km, you can't tell how much petrol is still in your tank. You have to fill it up to the top til the pump stops, drive a few hundred kms, then fill back up to the top again. Divide the number of litres by the distance you travelled to get your fuel consumption.

i find first third goes really slowly. Then after half way, it drops quicker so dont expect to see 3X the km

nar.. don't think u'd have to worry, during the first few thousand km's, the engine parts need to wear out a bit off.. it's just the cylinders are still tight and causes a lot more friction until ur odo hits at least 4k/5k kms..

Ok thanks guys.

Also, does your FD2s allow through a lot of road/tyre noise?
    I've had mine coated on the bottom with deadner but yet, it is rather noisy on the certains types of roads. Is this normal?

I'm not expecting Lexus type silence but even my Dad's Corolla sounds quieter than the FD2....

Could it be due to the 17 inch tyres?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Ok thanks guys.

I've had mine coated on the bottom with deadner but yet, it is rather noisy on the certains types of roads. Is this normal?

I'm not expecting Lexus type silence but even my Dad's Corolla sounds quieter than the FD2....

Probably noisy due to the brand and model of the tyres.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1, RS125
    Ok thanks guys.

and definitely on different type of roads...

On the new ones, it's like really quiet. For normal roads it is noisy but a lot quieter than my friend's corolla.

I'm on stock 15" alloys.