Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

shaving aerial. what replacement?

ey guys

i wanna shave my aerial for the cleaner look. i still wanna be able to listen to the radio tho (don't really care if quality is shitter tho)

looking to replace it with some kinda aerial i can mount behind the panel, or internally somewhere. basically just hide it somewhere

any suggestions? what ppl normally do after shaving ariel?

cheers.
    Last edited by preludacris; 24-06-2008 at 03:04 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CBR600RR
    glass mount antenna? its a strip with copper filament inside..

thanks, any idea where i could purchase?

autobarn or something?

Member Array
    Car:
    93 EG3
    ahah cheers mate i shaved my aerial recently and was worried about that too! cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    those 3 arials on ebay are rubbish, waste it as you will... i drilled a hole in my roof and put a euro style antenna there, best reception... ever wondered how an antenna works? do a google search
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

Member Array
    Car:
    1992 CRX Del Sol
    my arial is shaved... no radio - all good tho, thats what cd's r 4
    www.myspace.com/miss_vtec
    My Crx is SOLD!!
    ... Time for the next car... cant wait!

Quote Originally Posted by ICACHA View Post
    those 3 arials on ebay are rubbish, waste it as you will... i drilled a hole in my roof and put a euro style antenna there, best reception... ever wondered how an antenna works? do a google search
    They will work if you put an antenna booster in....

Car Radio Antenna Booster: How should you install it?

If you want nothing but the best sound to be emitted by your car radio, you will need to employ a car radio antenna which is of good quality.

Car radio antenna boosters are among the accessories that can enhance the sound quality of the FM/AM radio inside your car. So what do you need to do? Just ensure that the ca radio antenna that you will plug into the car radio jack is ultimately free from oxidation and rust. In short, it must be clean all over.

Certain adjustments must be employed to be assured that the radio reception will turn out to be really good. Car radio “trimmer” capacitators are sold by most aftermarket manufacturers. These stuffs tune and then peak the car radio antenna right into the car.

Upgrading your current car radio antenna and installing a great car radio antenna booster is easy if only you follow the following procedures:

Instructions on How to Remove the Stock Car Radio Antenna

First, you have to determine the exact place where you could gain the access to the car antenna. With the use of the needle-nose pliers or the wrench, loosen up and remove the stock retaining nut from the base of the unit’s antenna mast. The next thing to remove is the mast. Then, get into the underside of the said area in which the antenna is situated. After which, pull out the coaxial cable of the antenna.

It is the wire which interconnects the antenna to that of the car interior. The coaxial table should then be unplugged from its exterior coaxial cable. If the mount of the antenna to the main radio proves to be short, then there can possibly be none extension coaxial cable. Lastly, remove from place the stock car radio antenna by taking note of the exact route of which the cable follows all throughout.

Some Valuable Warnings and Tips for Removing the Stock Car Radio Antenna

When you find that the stock antenna is situated on the front side fender of the car, you must gain access right into the inner fender panel. It is found in the engine compartment or in the inner door jamb of the car.

When the car radio antenna is originally mounted on the side pillar on the passenger’s side, the extension coaxial cable can perhaps be spotted in the kick panel.

Now if the antenna is in the rear part of the car, you can gain access towards the antenna by browsing the trunk.

Be sure to tape a string above the extension cable.

Instructions on How to Install the Car Radio Antenna Booster

You always have to read carefully the set of instructions as specified in the manual that comes with your purchased car radio antenna booster.

Inspect the route of the antenna for possible occurrences of rust.

Clean the area thoroughly.

Plug the car radio antenna booster together with he antenna’s coaxial cable. Always tape these things together.

Make sure that the original route of the antenna will be retained after the car radio antenna booster gets installed.

Your purchased car radio antenna booster may be subjected to wear and tear. In this case, the replacement of such stuff will be called for. If you think you cannot do it yourself, you can always call for the help of a professional.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    trust me, they're rubbish with a capital R

i also take it you dont like to listen to your radio clear then using one of those stick on crapolas?
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

i never listen to the radio anyway. but i still wanna be able to if i choose to.

would i be able to get decent reception?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    None yet,EK would be cool
    Hmm, in my parent's 380, it uses an in glass antenna, and the reception is good, even on long trips, you can still travel 2 hours and get city channels. Umm, you would obviously have to look into some higher quality ones, or try the euro antenna. Always best to talk to an expert in the field when buying such a product.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    there is a differnce between an OEM tried and tested onglass that works and cheap chinese onglass that dont, trust me, i've tried them all and they all suck with a capital S