Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by euRo_noob View Post
    Oh yes, I meant unleaded 95. Also, how about unleaded 91? 91 is a definite no for our cars? But anyways, so should i wait until most of my petrol is gone before I refill or is it safe to just mix the two together?

Thanks
    Its safe to mix 95 with 98.
    91 is a big no no from what I heard...
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Its safe to mix 95 with 98.
    91 is a big no no from what I heard...
    Ohh alright then, thanks a lot Fredoops!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Have started to pay more attention to the trip computer now and average fuel economy tends to be 12.0-12.5L / 100kms. Mostly city driving.

This seems to be more than most people on this forum (2006 CL9, Auto). Just had a recent service at Honda as well.

Usually use Caltex 95 (only BP has 98 in NZ).

Anyone else have similar fuel consumption? or any suggestions to improve?

(on a side note, the fuel tends to splash out abit now when I've got the pump at full pressure, haven't tried another pump yet so that could be the issue but anyone else have this problem?)

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Euro, S15
    Mixed everyday driving, im getting constant 8.3-8.4 L per 100km.
    Im bloody happy!!!
    2003 lux manual

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Euro auto standard
    Has anyone compared true fuel consumption (that is calculating actual fuel used against distance travelled) against what the cars readout says? My CL9 is the standard, so no readout. I suspect the cars readout would be optimistic.
    Age and treatchery will always overcome youth and skill

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT View Post
    Has anyone compared true fuel consumption (that is calculating actual fuel used against distance travelled) against what the cars readout says? My CL9 is the standard, so no readout. I suspect the cars readout would be optimistic.
    Have not done that before (because I never fill up the car) but remember reading in a review that it was a bit optimistic (like on most cars)

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    On the CU2 the readout is generally 0.3 to 0.4 below the true figure when you work it out with a calculator. example - indicated 6.4 is 6.7 to 6.8 true.

I decided to do another comparison between E10 and 95. After running a few full tanks of 95 to reset the ECU, this is the economy I got (calculated using the trip meter and the litres displayed on the petrol station pump after filling):

E10 - 7.65L/100km
    95 - 7.62L/100km

Driving style was the same on both fuels - approx 80% highway, 20% city.

I'll be changing back to E10 again. Waste of money paying extra for 95. It's no smoother, gives no power increase (at least not enough to be noticeable by a human), and gives identical economy.

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 Euro [Cl9]
    You should probably average over a few tanks of fuel to get a better idea me thinks.

Ollie

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by seanneko View Post
    I decided to do another comparison between E10 and 95. After running a few full tanks of 95 to reset the ECU, this is the economy I got (calculated using the trip meter and the litres displayed on the petrol station pump after filling):

E10 - 7.65L/100km
    95 - 7.62L/100km

Driving style was the same on both fuels - approx 80% highway, 20% city.

I'll be changing back to E10 again. Waste of money paying extra for 95. It's no smoother, gives no power increase (at least not enough to be noticeable by a human), and gives identical economy.
    E10 what exactly? The coles/woolworthes e10? Dear God I'm hoping you're not doing that. You'll kill your engine REAL quick with e10 93 or 91's. Scientific fact remains, e10 contains less energy compared to full petrol.

And which 95 were you using, just remember not all 95's are 95's...

And your feel economy will almost always improe when you reset ecu. The only way or you to do a proper comparison is on a racetrack or provig ground with identical cars.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 30-05-2011 at 07:07 PM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    [QUOTE=opilot87;3021740]You should probably average over a few tanks of fuel to get a better idea me thinks.

I agree, you should definitely average each fuel over a minimum of 3 tanks. eg - my last 3 tanks driving the same roads with same driving style = 6.53, 6.79, 6.95. A negligible difference I know, but fuel consumption needs to be averaged over several tanks to get a true indication. The best way is to make a spread sheet & update it each time you fill up, in my case 37,537km / 2655.37 lts. It is so easy to get a long term accurate average.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    E10 what exactly? The coles/woolworthes e10? Dear God I'm hoping you're not doing that. You'll kill your engine REAL quick with e10 93 or 91's. Scientific fact remains, e10 contains less energy compared to full petrol.

And which 95 were you using, just remember not all 95's are 95's...

And your feel economy will almost always improe when you reset ecu. The only way or you to do a proper comparison is on a racetrack or provig ground with identical cars.
    The only E10 in Darwin is United and supposedly 95 RON. I didn't know it came in lower RON. Honda advises that E10 is OK for Euro. But, having said that, I don't use it.
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.