Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1320212223242526 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Half i tank i get 300 or so but the last half goes much quicker for some reason

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by marquee View Post
    Half i tank i get 300 or so but the last half goes much quicker for some reason
    That's because there's the 10L reserve for when the fuel light comes on..that's why its not even

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    Mods: Pioneer Double DIN GPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Buddyclub N+ Spec, Topspeed Headers, Skunk2 Catback Exhaust

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Lux
    Anyone care to share what is the best tyre pressure for daily highway drive to help fuel consumption? And should I check the tyre pressure when the rubber is cold or warm?
    Cusco RSB setup and Tein S-Tech for sale
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...okies-Civic-FD

Member Array
    Car:
    '06 Euro Std 5A
    There is no 'best', most of us like it around 34-36 psi but as long as it is at least what it says in the book you are okay. Higher tyre pressure decreases fuel consumption, increases steering response, decreases ride comfort, increases susceptibility to punctures and blowouts. So it's a compromise.

But ALWAYS check and adjust tyre pressure when cold.
    '06 Accord Euro Std
    Stock standard =|

I'm getting 10.xxL/100km (pure city driving)
    For all ralliart colt owners & lovers, i'm please to announce that the ralliart colt forum is finally online and working. Please come and support the site. http://www.rcolt.com

I've seen high 6's and 7L/100km at a constant 120 km/h cruise on highways. The cruise control really helps to keep fuel consumption low.

In town, the auto box is hopeless... 9-10L/100km is what I usually get. What's the most efficient sweet spot for this engine? Wondering if it's better to use the paddle shifters to shift at 3000 rpm or lower.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    ^^^^^ it's a heavy ass sedan dragged along by a 2.4 liter, don't expect
    Much
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    There is no 'best', most of us like it around 34-36 psi but as long as it is at least what it says in the book you are okay. Higher tyre pressure decreases fuel consumption, increases steering response, decreases ride comfort, increases susceptibility to punctures and blowouts. So it's a compromise.

But ALWAYS check and adjust tyre pressure when cold.
    Follow this and you will be ok

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Lux
    I find my CU2 has a better fuel economy once I changed petrol from 98 Shell to 95 caltex..
    And the paddle shift help a lot but only when you had enough caffeine to concentrate on the 0-15L/100km gauge and the spedo.. And the things coming at you from the windscreen...
    I warn you, IT CAN BE DANGEROUS..!!
    Last edited by pitiek; 19-02-2012 at 12:34 PM.
    Cusco RSB setup and Tein S-Tech for sale
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...okies-Civic-FD

Quote Originally Posted by pitiek View Post
    I find my CU2 has a better fuel economy once I changed petrol from 98 Shell to 95 caltex..
    And the paddle shift help a lot but only when you had enough caffeine to concentrate on the 0-15L/100km gauge and the spedo.. And the things coming at you from the windscreen...
    I warn you, IT CAN BE DANGEROUS..!!
    Need to grow another pair of eyes and another brain too It's impossible to use the paddles, keep an eye on the fuel consumption gauge, and another eye on traffic. I find the manual shifters useful only when cruising on highways and tackling mountain roads. Rather than making life easier, it becomes yet another thing to concentrate on...

How does the Euro 2.4 compare to the Euro Accord 2.0, Mazda 6 2.0, Mazda 6 2.5 or any VAG 2.0 turbo? For real world fuel economy, not the crazy manufacturer figures.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    VAG 1.8 (Skoda) and 2.0 (VW) turbo would have better consumption figures, purely because the torque is all down low smothers is no need to gun the car to get it moving.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Replace your oxygen sensor at 100,000km this should help restore fuel economy - unless the oxygen sensor has been damaged when changing to a new exhaust system.