Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by racerwannabe View Post
    I average about 10L/100km. My only breathing mod is a KN cold air intake. However, i do have 18" wheels and i think my fuel efficiency decreased after i changed my wheels. Do you have OEM or aftermarket 20"
    I have after markte 18's. HP Design rims.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Euro View Post
    I have after markte 18's. HP Design rims.
    What is your tyre size?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    What is your tyre size?
    Not sure...... they are federals though... use ot have nakang but they lost rubber really quickly

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Find out the tyre size of the federals and the tyres you had before. Could be the added unsprung rotational weight causing your increased fuel consumption.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Find out the tyre size of the federals and the tyres you had before. Could be the added unsprung rotational weight causing your increased fuel consumption.
    by 200km???????? Like i mean Crapdaz has more mods by still gains more than what i had without mods?????? I change at around 3000 - 4000RPM per shift which aint that high...right????

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    by 200km???????? Like i mean Crapdaz has more mods by still gains more than what i had without mods?????? I change at around 3000 - 4000RPM per shift which aint that high...right????
    no its about right i sometimes shift at 2000-2500 as petrol prices are rising.
    and atm i am running 16" stockies with stock dunlops. with 38psi so it is really noisy and bumpy.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Quote Originally Posted by Crapdaz View Post
    no its about right i sometimes shift at 2000-2500 as petrol prices are rising.
    and atm i am running 16" stockies with stock dunlops. with 38psi so it is really noisy and bumpy.
    Wow that interesting i put 42psi in my 18's and shift at that 3-4000. maybe i should shift lower.....

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Yes, heavier tyres have more effect than mods on fuel consumption, (except the ebay chip. ebay chips will increase fuel consumption like crazy).

3000-4000 for normal driving is considered high. I shift at 3000 for the first 3 gears and then 2500 for the remaining 2. 6th is only for cruising on free ways.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6
    My fuel consumption has improved a bit since my mods. The biggest difference was the Jtune reflash, but bear in mind i have to use 98 ron.

I recently got 800km from a tank, could have done better but i dont back off. Also got an average of 5.9l/100km 2 months ago on a 100kph average trip.

Im averaging about 7.7 l/100km which is about 740kms a tank on 100% highway sitting on about 120kph in 110kph zones.

In town im a lot heavier with the right boot and am getting 9.5 l/100 going at it enthusiastically. I think a town rate of 8.5 would be easy.

The euros great on fuel. I do run 40psi in the fronts 38psi rears, im lowered, I have a comptech CAI and headers and a hi-flow cat plus mild Jtune.

At these consumption rates I can'y justify selling my car and getting a diesel.
    I went to the modded XR5 Turbo with Mods - the dark side.....BOOOOST!

Quote Originally Posted by Suntzu View Post
    My fuel consumption has improved a bit since my mods. The biggest difference was the Jtune reflash, but bear in mind i have to use 98 ron.

I recently got 800km from a tank, could have done better but i dont back off. Also got an average of 5.9l/100km 2 months ago on a 100kph average trip.

Im averaging about 7.7 l/100km which is about 740kms a tank on 100% highway sitting on about 120kph in 110kph zones.

In town im a lot heavier with the right boot and am getting 9.5 l/100 going at it enthusiastically. I think a town rate of 8.5 would be easy.

The euros great on fuel. I do run 40psi in the fronts 38psi rears, im lowered, I have a comptech CAI and headers and a hi-flow cat plus mild Jtune.

mate thats heaps. How much would you get within traffic? for a full traffic no freeway driving???? Did the mild tune really get you that much gain????

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntzu View Post

yeh duno how you can get such good fuel economy, but then again your in canberra. Never as bad as Sydney. The most i did was to and from to port macquarie which was like approx 1000km(total trip) on one tank, but i was too afraid it'll run out so i filled up.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    I have to read my manual, because this new CU2 is supposed to have shiftlight to tell you when to shift to be most fuel efficient. I'll have to post my findings....
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F