Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1926272829
    Member Array
    Car:
    s2000 / CL9
    i have a 2006 euro Luxury and i get 550+ on every tank. This is suburban driving.
    Only every use BP Ultimate 98.
    only Mods that would effect fuel consumption are K&N short ram intake
    toda headers
    cat back exhaust
    18inch riims. Pressure 40 front 38 rear

i have platinum plugs also and clean my air filter every 5,000kms.

i drove to narooma once from melbourne and had a passenger and a fully loaded car and it weighed a ton and i got there and drove around for 4 days on 1 tank. got 849kms from the tank.

i also found that using caltex fuel i get 50kms less - consistently.

i recommend going to BP ultimate 98 for a few tanks, change your plugs (platinum), and clean or replace air filter or get a high flow k&n filter or equivalent and reset your tacho and try again. can almost promise better fuel econ!
    "RIP Paul Walker. You will be sadly missed by all the car lovers out there..."

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000 / CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    Ta, Fredoops, I've heard that. I once asked a salesman about 'running-in' our new Civic and he commented that I could 'drive it like buggery, up to the Queensland border' (from Newcastle) and could come back 'with an extremely good car, at least with a bloody good car'. I think he was saying to run it in hard. As. It turned out , I drove it normally -- and it took 40,000 k's before it really performed at its best. Virtually the same with the next Civic (2009 LE). I'll start to give the Euro more work to do, I reckon.

It's now done 1500 k's and I still believe the car doesn't steer at low speeds, like it should. The brakes, when new, were a bit 'nothingness' , but have improved nicely.

CHEERS
    NOEL
    i agree also... dont she shy to pull her hair a bit... you will be better off in the long run!
    "RIP Paul Walker. You will be sadly missed by all the car lovers out there..."

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 Euro Lux
    Well, it looks like I can see a trend appearing here.
    Last time I filled the tank it took 57L to fill after driving 635km's (an 8.9L/100, with 8.2L/100 being displayed) A difference of 0.7L/100

This evening I refilled the tank again after just passing the "low fuel warning" stage.
    It took 59L to refill after driving for 715km's (which is 8.2L/100 and the display was showing 7.5L/100)...again a difference of 0.7L/100

I'm pretty happy with this mileage (which was achieved running on Vortex 95) and about 65% FWY/35% CBD/urban driving.
    I'd love to see what I could get if driving 80-90% FWY.

So it seems that the display is showing well short of the "actual" mileage figure, but I will continue to monitor the difference over several tanks of petrol to see if this 0.7L/100 difference remains consistent....as I suspect that the ECU isn't taking into account fuel being used when stopped/at idle....and again if I could do a decent HWY drive where there were minimal stops and constant speed it would be interesting to see if this difference dropped significantly.

Oh, and I shouldn't forget to mention just how nice it is to drive the Euro.
    I actually look forward to driving to and from work each day. I am so happy with the car, it is simply fantastic

Dave
    2011 MY12 Accord Euro Luxury - Auto (Premium White)

I made it back from QLD in one tank. Over 800km on a full tank of 98 RON.
    Stock 2004 Accord Euro manual. 3 passengers and a full load in the boot.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by Euro_Dave View Post
    Well, it looks like I can see a trend appearing here.
    Last time I filled the tank it took 57L to fill after driving 635km's (an 8.9L/100, with 8.2L/100 being displayed) A difference of 0.7L/100

This evening I refilled the tank again after just passing the "low fuel warning" stage.
    It took 59L to refill after driving for 715km's (which is 8.2L/100 and the display was showing 7.5L/100)...again a difference of 0.7L/100

I'm pretty happy with this mileage (which was achieved running on Vortex 95) and about 65% FWY/35% CBD/urban driving.
    I'd love to see what I could get if driving 80-90% FWY.

So it seems that the display is showing well short of the "actual" mileage figure, but I will continue to monitor the difference over several tanks of petrol to see if this 0.7L/100 difference remains consistent....as I suspect that the ECU isn't taking into account fuel being used when stopped/at idle....and again if I could do a decent HWY drive where there were minimal stops and constant speed it would be interesting to see if this difference dropped significantly.

Oh, and I shouldn't forget to mention just how nice it is to drive the Euro.
    I actually look forward to driving to and from work each day. I am so happy with the car, it is simply fantastic

Dave
    Filled the car again this evening.
    59L to fill the car after a distance of 726km's (8.1L/100 actual).
    OSD showed mileage of 7.7L/100 (which is only a 0.4L/100 difference.....much different to the 0.7L/100 I have noticed on the previous two tanks).
    Not sure how it achieved a better actual mileage from the previous tank yet the OSD showed a higher mileage figure (7.5 for 715km's vs 7.8 for 726km's - both needed 59km's to refill)

Quite impressed with the mileage thus far. Seems to be ahead of the quoted 8.5L/100 average for the Lux Auto.
    Total of 2076 km's using 175L of Vortex 95 petrol (8.1L/100 actual ave), with the OSD displaying 7.8L/100.

Another tank or two of 95 and I'll move onto 98 to see if there is any/much difference.

Dave
    2011 MY12 Accord Euro Luxury - Auto (Premium White)

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    You will see a much better result of using 98 as the car's ecu will adapt to the petrol used
    And 98 is always better on luxury cars like these
    it will also stop the notorious 'pinging' the euro had
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum