Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    km per tank is not a good way to determine fuel consumption. Do the full tank fill up method and calculate L/100km.
    CU2 has that feature built in now!!! Man, this car has all sorts of bells and whistles.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Type R Positive View Post
    CU2 has that feature built in now!!! Man, this car has all sorts of bells and whistles.
    So did CL9 from 2006 to 2008. Great feature!
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6
    Canberra is heaps different to sydney.

Firstl I work from home, so I drive in the 10 am to 4 pm range = No traffic

Secondly Canberras organised and smooth so the flow on is better.

if i really flog the jesus out of my car in town it will use 10.5 l/100 no issue. But NEVER higher.

It will consistently do 7.5-8 l/100 highway at just above posted speed. At posted areas of 100 kph and if you do 100kph it will do 6lt /100k with no air con on. It jumps about .5 lt/100 with air con.

Theres a massive difference between 100kph in the euro and 120 kph average. Trust me.

It town it totally depends on your driving style, mines a bit "fun" so i pay a lot more that i should. that being said it s massively better than my old magna sports 3.5 which was 15 l/100in town with the righ boot buried and no quicker than my euro.

I rely on the correct method for calculation as i dont have a computer in my 2005. Fill tank, drive and measure KM, fill tank again and get EXACT fuel used. My trip computer in my 2007 CRV Lux is never correct either thats why I use the proper method.

edit: Crapdaz: i beleive the euro manual is easily capable of 1000km per tank if you are careful and lay off a bit. My calculations show this can be done easily though I have never done it.
    Last edited by Suntzu; 26-06-2008 at 11:03 AM.
    I went to the modded XR5 Turbo with Mods - the dark side.....BOOOOST!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I live in Sydney with the fun jams.
    For pure city driving, I get 10.5 L/100km.
    For pure freeway driving when I do Sydney-Melb, I get 7.0-7.2 L/100km.
    For my recent combined consumption where I hop onto the M4 to work and back, which is 1/2 the time on the M4 and 1/2 the time on Prospect highway+sunnyholt rd, I get 9.4 L/100km

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    I live in Sydney with the fun jams.
    For pure city driving, I get 10.5 L/100km.
    For pure freeway driving when I do Sydney-Melb, I get 7.0-7.2 L/100km.
    For my recent combined consumption where I hop onto the M4 to work and back, which is 1/2 the time on the M4 and 1/2 the time on Prospect highway+sunnyholt rd, I get 9.4 L/100km
    So pure city driving you still get around 570km. I drive from city to sutherland shire everyday around 60km each way up the princes highway in heavy traffic in peak hour times and i only get 430km now. I am so spewing its not funny. Its costing me a mint.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntzu View Post
    Canberra is heaps different to sydney.

Firstl I work from home, so I drive in the 10 am to 4 pm range = No traffic

Secondly Canberras organised and smooth so the flow on is better.

if i really flog the jesus out of my car in town it will use 10.5 l/100 no issue. But NEVER higher.

It will consistently do 7.5-8 l/100 highway at just above posted speed. At posted areas of 100 kph and if you do 100kph it will do 6lt /100k with no air con on. It jumps about .5 lt/100 with air con.

Theres a massive difference between 100kph in the euro and 120 kph average. Trust me.

It town it totally depends on your driving style, mines a bit "fun" so i pay a lot more that i should. that being said it s massively better than my old magna sports 3.5 which was 15 l/100in town with the righ boot buried and no quicker than my euro.

I rely on the correct method for calculation as i dont have a computer in my 2005. Fill tank, drive and measure KM, fill tank again and get EXACT fuel used. My trip computer in my 2007 CRV Lux is never correct either thats why I use the proper method.

edit: Crapdaz: i beleive the euro manual is easily capable of 1000km per tank if you are careful and lay off a bit. My calculations show this can be done easily though I have never done it.
    nice nice, good to know canberra is the place to be to save fuel.
    last time i visited last year i noticed there is no crazy sydney like driving.
    but what i dislike are those massive roundabouts get lost sometimes.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 Lux 5AT
    This is one for the technical gurus to comment on, but I've heard in the past where Commodores have had fuel consumption issues it's come down to faulty oxygen sensors. Does the Euro engine have these sensors? I'm not up with the mechanical details of the motor so don't flame me if I'm way off track here.

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    It doesn't just happen to Commodores. Any cars with 02s will be subjected to these conditions in the 02s.
    What happens is that with age, the combustion and soot in the exhaust can build up in the element and then cause the 02s to respond slower to changes in th A/F. The sensor's voltage output can also drop and thus giving a leaner A/F ratio than normal so the ECU will start pumping more petrol in and hence increasing fuel consumption.
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Euro View Post
    So pure city driving you still get around 570km. I drive from city to sutherland shire everyday around 60km each way up the princes highway in heavy traffic in peak hour times and i only get 430km now. I am so spewing its not funny. Its costing me a mint.
    How much time do you spend in the car with the engine running but the car stuck at 0km/h? That's the worst culprit that causes high fuel consumption.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one View Post
    This is one for the technical gurus to comment on, but I've heard in the past where Commodores have had fuel consumption issues it's come down to faulty oxygen sensors. Does the Euro engine have these sensors? I'm not up with the mechanical details of the motor so don't flame me if I'm way off track here.
    Yes it does have O2 sensors. If you get silly high fuel consumption while on the freeway, then it is the O2 sensor.

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Here's a tip for saving a bit more petrol, don't put the car in neutral when you are cruising to a stop, leave it gear and downshift accordingly. This will make the ECU inject minimal petrol to keep the car going as opposed to leaving it in neutral where it will be injecting more petrol to keep the engine running at idle although you are still in motion.
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Yep.

Should be easy, but who doesn't flog their car around?
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F