Thread: Jazz Questions

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz gli cvt automatic

Jazz Questions

hi...

dont know much abt cars so have some noobish questions... recently got a Jazz Gli 1.3 cvt.

I start work quite early, so leave home at around 6, The Battery light shows the C sign on the dashboard for atleast 1-2 kms before it goes away. I live in melb so it is bit cold in the mornings, should i keep the engine going for a min or so b4 driving or is it normal??

When i have to go on ramps i use the S sports mode, but i have noticed when i am on a freeway and if i am going at around 80-100, kind of feels smoother when i accelerate in S more then in D, I generally only drive in D though, but if i do drive in S more often, would there be any harm to the car other then perhaps less fuel efficiency

and last question , i have to drive around 30 kms to work and since it is early morning so hardly any traffic, so i can go anywhere between 50-80 km/hr speed, So my question is if i am going to travel at the same speed what speed should i go at, to get higher fuel efficiency ??

thanks guys..
    Honda Jazz gli

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda
    S- sports model...I always use it as well I feel more responsive...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Fit + S2000
    with ur Cold engine light that is normal if the weather it is too cold and the engine may need long time to hit the right temp.

the S(sport)design for fast responce then D(drive) but S mode will resulting more fuel consum coz it will remain high rev than D mode. and by using both mode i dont think it will damage ur engine as long as you not all the time rev it too high, the only differents i think it is the fuel consum(personal opinion)

by few research, the most fuel-econ will be 80km/h . but of cause it depends how deep u step on ur gas when the car start moving.
    Honda---The Power Of Dream!

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin_R View Post
    with ur Cold engine light that is normal if the weather it is too cold and the engine may need long time to hit the right temp.

the S(sport)design for fast responce then D(drive) but S mode will resulting more fuel consum coz it will remain high rev than D mode. and by using both mode i dont think it will damage ur engine as long as you not all the time rev it too high, the only differents i think it is the fuel consum(personal opinion)

by few research, the most fuel-econ will be 80km/h . but of cause it depends how deep u step on ur gas when the car start moving.

Good point!