Member Array
    Car:
    04' Accord CL9

Talking Hi, Whats a good header recommendation for an Integra Type R ?

I have an Buddy Club Pro spec exhaust system on my teg, someone told me if i get Toda Headers it will be very loud, so what are some recommendations and prices on some headers please? or if anyone is selling any headers in Melbourne please give me a price... thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    from stock to TODA i didnt notice any increase in the noise level whatsoever,just a slight difference in the tone of the exhaust.

Member Array
    Car:
    EGTWO
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXer View Post
    from stock to TODA i didnt notice any increase in the noise level whatsoever,just a slight difference in the tone of the exhaust.

the catback usually determines how loud its gonna be also if u have a cannon muffler
    if u want it more quiet get some resonators put in, but if u've got a buddyclub exhaust u probly wont want to chop it up...

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    i should add,however,that the noise from my wallet was unbearable........

Member Array
    Car:
    integra type r
    man if you don't mine spending some money i would look a a set of smsp or hytech or sixsigmaracing or lovefab

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonfed View Post
    man if you don't mine spending some money i would look a a set of smsp or hytech or sixsigmaracing or lovefab
    some pretty fancy sounding headers

got any rough idea on pricing?

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    around 1100US new. All stainless custom built.

Vote for SSR, hytech, SMSP.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    As Fatboyz says ^^^

US is heaven.
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    It also depends on your mods or future planned mods Devil, Toda's are very proven in stock to mild 1.6-1.8's, but when going up in capacity,cams, bigger flowing heads ect, then the expense of a custom made such as the us brands mentioned are worth considering and looking into, but in saying that, there are some 2ltr b series getting around with Toda's on them making good numbers.

What are the specs or planned specs of your motor?

As for noise as mentioned by others, its whats after the header that causes that.
    Last edited by Slaz; 11-07-2008 at 03:12 AM. Reason: add info

Member Array
    Car:
    hardparked elmo
    Hey buddy
    Most brand name header are very similar with power increases, the differences between different brand names is no more then a few kw. personally i balance up the cost of it.

Do your research different styles are on the market now. 4-2-1 or 4-1 or tri -y the latest trend.
    Most jap brand name headers are good, almost any brand with the japanese JASMA approval on it will yield gains over stock.

What is JASMA?
    I use to think JASMA was a brand name hehe stupid me. But they like some motorsport authority in japan. Theres a bit of info about JASMA on the link below.
    http://www.5zigenusa.com/english/pro...ler/jasma.html

Hope this helps a bit
    Cheers
    EGJOE
    Last edited by EGJOE; 24-07-2008 at 07:22 PM.