Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    for shizz..

im planning to throw a b18cr in once the d16 karks it.
    so damn hard to find tho!

Not so much a track car but a mean ass rex eater is what im after! - its all about the streets!
    "you have herpes!"

i guess i really shouldnt have bought this password:jdm CF intake then
    "you have herpes!"

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Quote Originally Posted by B147ch View Post
    for shizz..

im planning to throw a b18cr in once the d16 karks it.
    so damn hard to find tho!

Not so much a track car but a mean ass rex eater is what im after! - its all about the streets!
    That's what I was thinking of doing too.I'm just concerned about rising petrol prices...

Member Array
    Behind the wheel of my car, cruising the hills of adelaide
    Car:
    ED6 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexc86 View Post
    Ask yourself what you want as a final outcome. (power goal or 1/4). Then start work on 1 single setup that will reach it. Either boost your motor, swap in a motor, or work your motor n/a. Working your motor n/a is going to be expensive with minimal gains past a certain point. The max potential of a 4k n/a setup on your y1 would be a mid to high 14, assumeing your not overly weighed down. (educated guess based on dseries forums in the usa).
    actually, i think bone on onecamonly/d series has a low 13 second d, and it cost him less than 4k. but then again, its in an ED chassis, which is light enough to not need to be stripped.

i think bisimoto's original d series from when he first started drag racing cost him less than 3k to build and ran 12s.

honestly, theres nothing wrong with a d. power output might be low, but due to a lower valvetrain mass and cheaper parts, you'll end up spending less than you would to get the same parts for a b, and if everything is set up right, it will run on par if not quicker than a b.

as an example for cost, complete kms titanium valvetrain for a d costs $600, a titanium high revving valvetrain for a b can cost up to 2k. d series cams can cost around $200-ish for a regrind by bisimoto, b series cams are like $500-1k each.

oh and @Limbo, if d series civic motors and f series accord motors were never meant to go fast, then why is it that bisimoto can make them smoke most of the h, b, and k motors out there?
    Current Performance Modifications to ED6:
    not telling, but it involves a semi-quad carb setup, and lots and lots of compression.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    This is very very true.Ya gotta know what your doing.He and others have prooved it possible.Some of the d's on d-series.org can beat the b's.

Member Array
    Car:
    n/a
    How can you compare a highly established workshop which doesn't have to pay any labour cost, able to source very cheap parts and to fabricate parts themselve, has all the time and dedication to do R&D, to an average, non-automotive background person who just does the simplest bolt-ons to their Bseries?

Quote Originally Posted by barefootbonzai View Post
    With $4k - do a B16 Conversion and you'll be spanking All motor D-series setups all day long.

As fatboyz said, not unless you feel that you have something to prove like guys some guys on this forum, working the D-series is a waste of money.
    where abouts can you get a 4k conversion in brisbane for a b16? id be super keen

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Pm the man himself "barefootbonazi"

i've decided not to spend any money on my d16; i'm quite happy with what power it puts out at the moment, maybe cheap little mods from here on would be ok but the future goal is a b18c r swap ooh yeah
    "you have herpes!"

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Quote Originally Posted by B147ch View Post
    i'm quite happy with what power it puts out at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by fatboyz39 View Post
    Pm the man himself "barefootbonazi"
    yeah i have i remember 5k was the price i dono i dont remember lol ill send him a pm soon

dude why dont u call hipowerracing?
    i'm sure they can sort ya.. drive in drive out.
    "you have herpes!"