Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 CL9 LUX
    I can add to that!!! bilsteins are great have them fitted to my Euro, Excellent

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by _Vtekn_ View Post
    I can add to that!!! bilsteins are great have them fitted to my Euro, Excellent
    Aaaah,i told you you'd be impressed.how much did it cost you and what camber kit did you get?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro
    Gday,

I bought some Koni Yellows from Ian at Rennenhaus (you can google him) in Newcastle NSW. He imports Neuspeed stuff from the USA mainly for the VW community. I found him on the VW Golf forums as I also have a VW GTI.

As Neuspeed make hot up bits for VW and Honda/Acura, I asked him to get in the Neuspeed Koni Yellows (have more grooves than std Koni Items) which he did for $175ea. That was about 9 months ago.

I did price Bilsteins at the time and they were around $1100 for a set of 4.

I havent got around to installing them yet, but plan to with std springs, but with a 15mm drop from the adjustable perches. Anyone happen to have any experiences with Koni Yellows on their Euros yet?

I went with the Konis because I had good experiences with them on my old Nissan n14 SSS Pulsar, and as they were abit cheaper than the Bilsteins. Having said that, I also had Eibach/Bilsteins on a 93 Civic and they were just fantastic.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by vorace View Post
    I havent got around to installing them yet, but plan to with std springs, but with a 15mm drop from the adjustable perches. Anyone happen to have any experiences with Koni Yellows on their Euros yet?
    Heaps of info on the Yanky forums, like what to set them at for different heights. Koni's are good brand.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2004 Honda Accord Euro
    Hey all,

Thanks for the info. I am going to go for the Koni yellows. Cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    take a before and after shot whilst your at it.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by mreuro4 View Post
    Hey all,

Thanks for the info. I am going to go for the Koni yellows. Cheers.
    Konis are good,i'm sure you'll be happy with them.

Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    You mean they can be rebuilt and or revalved.Bilsteins yes,Koni don't think so.
    Both Bilstein and Koni are rebuildable and the valving can be changed.

Bilsteins do not have any damping adjustment as do the Konis (Konis are rebound adjustable, rebound being the more important setting), though Konis can be retro fitted with bump valving adjusters if you really want to pay for it. The front Konis are externally adjustable on the car, but the rear Konis are not. You have to take the rear dampers off the car and dismantle them before the rear dampers can be adjusted. I'd suggest ordering the rear Koni Yellows fitted with external adjusters as per the stock front Konis.

My understanding (from a lot of research) is that Bilstein are somewhat better than Koni.The gap in quality between Koni and the next worst brand is arguably a lot bigger than the gap between Koni and Bilstein...

I have Koni Yelows on my CB7 and really like them, but (at least on the CB7) the affect would be greatly improved with stiffer springs as well (the stock CB7 springs are way too soft).
    Last edited by JohnL; 05-07-2008 at 09:46 AM.