Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I thinks its time to loose the wheels

Well today not one of my best days, Had to get my pink slip and rego done feeling very confident of a passing grade i was thinking about ny next pay packet and on what mod i could spend it on.....

i dropped the car off at the garage 20 mins later i came back and it failed the pink slip. after speaking to the mechanic my Two front tyres are down to the canvas "what" i said that cant be i got new Falken tyres just about 8 months ago. On closer inspection i got home and pulled the tyre off and this is what i see

As you can see the tire isnt that worn only on the inside edge very worn

ok sorry to rattle on ill shorton from now

I have 18" Rims 215/35 they came with the car with guards rolled they rub sometimes but i have never had a issue with it seemed fine the car has also been lowered with king springs.

As you can see by this piture this is where its rubbing on a seam and inner guard i have grinded the seam away a bit today to ease the pain

At this point in time i have two new Falken tyres on order they arent cheap . just to pass rego (im not rich and will have to save for new wheels)

i have a decision to make

1. ditch the 18's try and trade them in and get 16"s or 17"s with bigger tyres otherwise ill be on the ground

2. keep the 18's live with the tyre bill

its not really the size its the width of the tyre

i know you prob will all say ditch the 18 im prob 99% on that too
    but what do i get ????
    i love the 18 look ,feels like crap but yeah i wanna go back to 195 width

what do you suggest ???

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Definititely go for the 16s. They won't look too small, and shouldn't impede performance too much.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Dont lose the wheels......

I got the exact same problem on my car, except on sat night near my house, my pass front trye went through the wire part and popped the tyre... i need 215/35/R18's aswell and they aint cheap, but they fill the guards nicel;y and look good, so i reckon i will stick with them.

Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    18's look too big to me. 17's are big enough as it is.

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    16s or 17s definatly .. 18s way to big on a dc2
    Quote Originally Posted by z3lda
    ey, was drivin a honda city before...
    felt like the biggest poofter in the world..LOL

Yeah i know they look big if you have 16 or 17s but im used to them now they dont look that large.
    They look nice and snug under the arch but the damage they are doing isnt worth it ArminG i really cant afford two new front every 5 months and holes in the road are not fun they hurt

As i said im sticking with the 18"s for about another couple of months till i scrape the cash together for a nice set of 16" or 17"

will i loose handling performance having a thicker wall tyre ???

what width is standard 16" and 17" ???

what wheels do you guys suggest brand wise im thinking some lightweight
    wheels white or gunmetal or something i dunno

whats a good wheel and tyre place ??? i know of tempe tyres and aussie best oh im in sydney

this is what i ( and my dad ) have been doing all day fun grinding the wheel arch back a little bit

thanks guys
    Last edited by lerroy; 20-09-2004 at 05:05 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4R & EVO6(WRX killa)
    Hey I have 17s and its kinda rubbing against the guard when I hit a bad depression ....... hence I think 16s are still the best way to go dude......

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4R & EVO6(WRX killa)
    ps: potenza g3s are not bad.........

Member Array
    Car:
    EK civic
    What offset are your 18's? i have 18's on my 97 gli sedan and they fit fine i only scrub on my outer gards because i have 40mm offset rims(getting the outsides lipped soon) If your wheels are a >35 offset you need to change your offset and you will be fine. The optimal is 38 but 40 was the closets my style came in. hope this helps mate but your problem is just as bad as mine

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    just put some stockies on to pass the pinkies... then u have more time to think abt wat to do later on

Quote Originally Posted by civic__dd
    What offset are your 18's? i have 18's on my 97 gli sedan and they fit fine i only scrub on my outer gards because i have 40mm offset rims(getting the outsides lipped soon) If your wheels are a >35 offset you need to change your offset and you will be fine. The optimal is 38 but 40 was the closets my style came in. hope this helps mate but your problem is just as bad as mine
    Ok excuse my N00bness but i have heard of offset but i have no idea what it means ??? and how do you change the offset ??? i havnt changed a thing since i got it with the 18s
    is your car lowered ???

just put some stockies on to pass the pinkies... then u have more time to think abt wat to do later on
    Yeah i was gonna do that friend with a lude slip isnt due for 3 weeks anyway got time tyres will be on the car tomoz,
    Last edited by lerroy; 20-09-2004 at 08:20 PM.

16s or 17s... for best performance =P~