Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    Quote Originally Posted by votek View Post
    so the DIY stock piping is better than the INJEN?
    From what Bel tried... yep.

I think it's an awsome intake. Just there is no bling bling of a shiny pipe in your engine bay.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    I got the top of the line K&N fipk 57-3509 filter with the piping as well and once i got it the damn thing screamed like no tomorrow when i hit vtec and that was before my exhaust system... now it is even loudeerrrr =D

would definately recommend K&N fipk =D
    Last edited by _matt07; 08-07-2008 at 11:50 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    got any dyno sheets to prove?

Quote Originally Posted by SHIFTY View Post
    For me Mugen is the best... i am using it with my car, and has made sure the pipping is facing my front inditcater(park light) so when i am at the track i take out my light and goes fairly hard!

Cheers Dave.
    Did you ever run your car with the piping facing up?

Do you find any difference in feel or power between the two piping positions?

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfred_DC5R View Post
    Did you ever run your car with the piping facing up?

Do you find any difference in feel or power between the two piping positions?
    I think it would be quite marginal. Mugen designed the intake for the pipe to facing the other direction. But only a dyno would tell.

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    Quote Originally Posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
    ... Remove resignator, and duct 4 inch air con piping to front bar. It's a great mod tbh - on a budget.......
    I have tried this also... If, you take the resignator out, you loose PWR and response. a big no no. This is where the pipe from the air box to the front bar comes in handy.
    just to clarify, what you're saying is....remove the resonator and make sure to replace the restrictive small diameter plastic tubing with larger tube and custom fit from guard to airbox right?

Coz that's what I did, DIY Mugen, works great.

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    The pipe from intake mani to air box remains the same.

When you remove the resignator (big white box in right hand side guard), remove the small pipe that are attached the resignator aswell. Then from the bottom of the air box, attach 4 inch air con piping and then run the other end of the pipe to the front bar to duct cold air.

It's awsome.

Member Array
    Car:
    MX-5 SE
    I think it would be quite marginal. Mugen designed the intake for the pipe to facing the other direction. But only a dyno would tell.
    a dyno wouldn't tell.. the whole idea of running without the park/indicator light is u get more air sucked in to ur intake the faster ur moving (more air being forced in) this doesn't happen when the car is still on a dyno....

and no i have only run it how i have it atm....
    'The Dave'

Old - DC2R - 122fwkw - 1:10.6 WP

New - MX5 SE - 165rwkw -

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIFTY View Post
    a dyno wouldn't tell.. the whole idea of running without the park/indicator light is u get more air sucked in to ur intake the faster ur moving (more air being forced in) this doesn't happen when the car is still on a dyno....

and no i have only run it how i have it atm....
    Ummm... yes it would happen on a dyno, and there is a powerful fan which is on producing cold air, which blast against the car, creating the "Same" amount of wind as when you were driving.

Trust me a Dyno, WILL tell you if the nossle facing either way, is either better or worse.

The amount of wind is a constant/controlled variable, and the facing the nossle towards or away from the guard - and measuring it will give you a good indication wheather it's better or not.

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    ^^^ not true

A dyno fan is only enough to keep air flowing over the radiator ie centre of car, that is it's purpose, not nearly a simulation of real world track conditions. In order to test this intake theory somewhat accurately you would need a dyno placed in a wind tunnel testing facility.

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    Quote Originally Posted by T-onedc2 View Post
    ^^^ not true

A dyno fan is only enough to keep air flowing over the radiator ie centre of car, that is it's purpose, not nearly a simulation of real world track conditions. In order to test this intake theory somewhat accurately you would need a dyno placed in a wind tunnel testing facility.
    True, it's not enough to simulate real life conditions, however it provides enough air, at a constant to test the difference between two variables (in this case the intake). There should be minimal difference but it should be noted on a Dyno graph.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Vti-R
    I've run a Comptech Icebox before...was really happy with the design/sound etc. I have no way of know what sort of power it produced. It is a well designed air intake. This was on a VTI-R but...not sure if they do a DC2R one.

From memory she had a S100, Xforce headers + 2.5" Exhaust and the IceBox and she pulled 131~hp atw.

Dunno if the above helps : )