Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R
    this has been covered a few times... and a lot of ppl say do this and do that... not worth spending a thousand bucks, etc.

do it right the first time... just get a mugen intake...
    i have been driving my car stock as a rock bought second hand... come time to install my mugen, i realised that the previous owner actually removed the resonator box in stock intake... installed my mugen and response like no tomorrow! have had no regrets spending that thousand dollars...

and i'll have to dig up my dyno sheets, but compared to 'stock' and 'mugen', i got 5 kw atw extra. most importantly, response was heavily improved.

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    Quote Originally Posted by dc2r View Post
    this has been covered a few times... and a lot of ppl say do this and do that... not worth spending a thousand bucks, etc.

do it right the first time... just get a mugen intake...
    i have been driving my car stock as a rock bought second hand... come time to install my mugen, i realised that the previous owner actually removed the resonator box in stock intake... installed my mugen and response like no tomorrow! have had no regrets spending that thousand dollars...

and i'll have to dig up my dyno sheets, but compared to 'stock' and 'mugen', i got 5 kw atw extra. most importantly, response was heavily improved.
    In all honesty, if your car is for the street, there is no point in spending thousands of dollars for an intake.

Not saying you don't track your car, but if you don't, and you simply checked the resignator box - by fitting a resignator box, you'd have pretty much the same response as the Mugen, and the power gains would be hardly noticable with out a dyno.

So if some people are NOT fussy, why waste "thousands".

PS: Mugen air boxs can be had for $700 - $750.

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Black DC2R
    ~$800 delivered from nengun

The sound alone is worth the money imo...

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    Quote Originally Posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
    In all honesty, if your car is for the street, there is no point in spending thousands of dollars for an intake.

Not saying you don't track your car, but if you don't, and you simply checked the resignator box - by fitting a resignator box, you'd have pretty much the same response as the Mugen, and the power gains would be hardly noticable with out a dyno.

So if some people are NOT fussy, why waste "thousands".

PS: Mugen air boxs can be had for $700 - $750.
    You forgot to add IMO

Many people, including myself wouldn't mind "wasting" the money on such a good product , you simply cannot replicate the Mugen's design (ie, smooth bends and correct diameter) with a cheap diy
    Last edited by T-onedc2; 15-07-2008 at 05:05 PM.

..When I tell friends how much I spend on items for my car, they go omg, you are wasting your money. I just remind them how I used to spend the money and then they agree --- 'Wasting' money is relative from one person to another - $1000 is cheap for a product that gives you a warm fuzzy feeling if you earn good $$.

At the end of the day -- If it makes you feel good, just buy it. Because if it doesn't, you'll end up replacing it anyway. Basically agree with the guy above, do it right the first time how you would ideally want it. If you are on a hard budget, then you shouldn't be 'wasting' the money on cars in the first place - There is no finish line with modification

Member Array
    Car:
    NEED DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by ewendc2r View Post
    Basically agree with the guy above, do it right the first time how you would ideally want it. If you are on a hard budget, then you shouldn't be 'wasting' the money on cars in the first place - There is no finish line with modification
    Agree!!!

It never ends...

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    Quote Originally Posted by T-onedc2 View Post
    You forgot to add IMO

Many people, including myself wouldn't mind "wasting" the money on such a good product , you simply cannot replicate the Mugen's design (ie, smooth bends and correct diameter) with a cheap diy
    That is very true. I myself have had a mugen air box for a few years now, and I love it.

But I was getting at... for the street, who needs that extra 2kw's for an extra $500 or so.