Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jazz Service

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2007 JAZZ VTI - S Auto

Jazz Service

Good Afternoon all,

I need to book our Jazz in for a 20,000km service. We picked it up with 12,000km on it and have put 8000km on it in the 4 months we have had it.

By my estimates we will be looking at putting 25 - 30 thousand kms on it within the next year we own it.

Reading the service book for the Jazz there is 2 options.

Normal Conditions Service
    Severe Conditions Service

It states in the owners manual that a Severe Conditions service should be performed if more than 20,000km in a year is driven.

I would not classify 20,000km's as Severe. I would call that almost average in Australia.

So when I book the car in should;

- I ask for a Severe service
    - I ask what they recommend
    - I put it in for a normal service and not worry about it

Can they void warranty because of not performing a Severe service as advised in the service book.

What have others done?

Very hard to say without understanding your driving style. I've had mine brand new for just over a year and hit 20k.

The Severe driving conditions more of a safeguard clause for Honda/dealer if you don't maintain your car properly. I was speaking to a engineer from Castrol last week and discussing oil change intervals and service requirements. Here I was told generally most oils are sufficent for day to day use, with most of the higher quality oils able to have an extended life. So bottom line is if your changing it every 10,000km or less it shouldn't really matter what brand/type of oil you use as long as it meets the SAE and/or API certification standards. You would only be changing it for peace of mind and for better vehicle response at higher rpm.

Thought of the day: Why does Spoon Racing use and recommend Honda lubricants for everyday drivers and the 'ocasional' trackday driver?

I do also go on the track and do some spirited driving with this car and hasn't missed a beat since. very reliable and its also very cheap to own and run. Would recommend going back to a dealer specifically asking to use Honda FEO oil. Usually you tell them a day or to in advance when you book for your 'normal' service.

So far from the dealer i have done the
    - 1,000km free service where they change the oil
    -10,000km minor service changing oil with adjustments

Personal Maintainence includes
    - oil change, Honda FEO (Fuel Efficent Oil) 10-30
    -brake bleed MOTUL CBF 600
    -Magnetic Slump bolts

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    just follow the regular service schedule. but you may as well get your oil filer changed every 10k while they do the oil. also if its cvt i'd be getting your trans fluid changed every 20k

Quote Originally Posted by hoey888 View Post
    So far from the dealer i have done the
    - 1,000km free service where they change the oil
    -10,000km minor service changing oil with adjustments
    oil change at 1k? i'm pretty sure only the early jazz had oil changes at the first service
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2007 JAZZ VTI - S Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by panda[cRx] View Post
    just follow the regular service schedule. but you may as well get your oil filer changed every 10k while they do the oil. also if its cvt i'd be getting your trans fluid changed every 20k

oil change at 1k? i'm pretty sure only the early jazz had oil changes at the first service

I would have thought the Oil filter would be changed with the oil at 10k km anyway. Why CVT Fluid at 20k km? Normal Service changes at 80k km and severe is at 40k km. At $200 for the oil it is an expensive 20k km service. I know there have been some issues but I thought that was fixed now.

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    $200 for the oil? where did you pull that from lol

if i was looking at keeping any auto car for a long period of time, let alone a cvt with known problems i would change the fluid every 20k

and if the cvt is a good trans with no problems why is honda changing back to a standard auto for the new model?
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Toli View Post
    I would have thought the Oil filter would be changed with the oil at 10k km anyway. Why CVT Fluid at 20k km? Normal Service changes at 80k km and severe is at 40k km. At $200 for the oil it is an expensive 20k km service. I know there have been some issues but I thought that was fixed now.
    20k service I quoted from dealer in Melb is $198 GST incl.

20k service for a mazda 2 was $265
    20k service for a getz was $225

so comparatively, the jazz seems cheaper?

Also depends on what they do.. wasnt the 20k service normally just an oil flush / oil change / and filter change? I could do it myself if not for the stamp for less than $100 for the best Mobil1 or Motul oils!

You should change your CVT oil for the 20k service as what Panda said. CVT succumb to alot of problems if not taken care of.
    Who's your messiah now!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2007 JAZZ VTI - S Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe kickarse View Post
    You should change your CVT oil for the 20k service as what Panda said. CVT succumb to alot of problems if not taken care of.
    The CVT Oil I was quoted was $200, so on top of the $200 normal service this makes it an expensive service.

To those of you who have had a service, did that price include parts or not?

Whereabouts in Sydney are you?
    Who's your messiah now!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2007 JAZZ VTI - S Auto
    Western Sydney - Near Blacktown. Why?

Shop around for the CVT oil. I got mine for $80 for 4L.
    Who's your messiah now!