Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    cmon guys getting offtopic... Crxer was just makeing a point... that building a 11sec street car.. that is still reliable, legal and has creature comforts you may aswell go buy a factory sports car that will get you it... as it would cost close to similar..

Anyway back on topic. The list i have so far (post 18) anything i should add or subtract? Simple is best, dont want want anything unfunctional
    Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation

Member Array
    Car:
    the non-honda type
    Quote Originally Posted by xtercii View Post
    that's a massive exaggeration but, anything under 200k will probably only get you a 13sec car, let alone 11s....
    r35 gtr?

Member Array
    Car:
    n/a
    he talking about porsche or ferrari...read back the posts....

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    Quote Originally Posted by xtercii View Post
    that's a massive exaggeration but, anything under 200k will probably only get you a 13sec car, let alone 11s....
    get over it dude & get back on topic

I agree with ben. Relating to honda drag cars most cars running 11s or low 12s are not really street registerable cars. The cars with rego labels at compact attact including my own if had to be inspected for rego would leave my shop with a FAILED DANGEROUSLY for a PINK SLIP/E SAFETY inspection.

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    lil pink, lipstick ,doggy dicks ftmfw,woohoo!!!!

........ok........i'll shutup now.

Its quite possible,anything is possible,but like i keep saying,it'll cost u an absolute fortune to achieve.

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    I believe makeing the power with forced induction is quite easy... keeping the weight sub 1000kg is also easy. Its all about power delivery. What areas / items would the fortune have to be spent on?

Lyle

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    yes its quite easy to make the power as witnessed by all the n00bs i seem to be running into lately around the northern beaches of sydney in their big arsed booster fitted VL's.Its a damn scream when i catch em off boost,leave em for dead,but watch the things monstering up in my rear view mirrors & shooting past me at about 300km/h.Its a pity for their sake that weve already gone well past 400m & they give me some excuse for it at the next set of lights.Its even funnier when u see the same n00b catching the bus the next week cos his car is sitting outside his house with repair costs way beyond his meager budget after he spent all his cash on bolting that monster turbine to his stock motor.

putting the power to the ground effectively,cmon, u know thats not exactly an easy exercise in a 14 sec FWD car,wait till u get down to the 12's,let alone 11's it becomes the realm of the experienced,expert even,setups & drivers.If u dont want to work for that experience yourself,then u will pay thru the arse to buy that knowledge off someone who has.

BTW,my supposedly little CRX is tipping the scales at 1007kg,there goes a few more compromises in keeping it easily under 1000kg.

to do this all in a daily driver,ADR approved,reliable,semi comfortable FWD honda is where u'll blow most of the cash.Just ask anyone who has put their 11 sec street honda up for ADR approval how much they really spent on firstly getting it to a passable state then going thru the whole process.Reliable............prepare your wallet for ultimate doom as u fork out for highly engineered parts.Semi comfortable........say goodbye to all your power options,A/C,power steer,audio,even heating in a lot of cases,sound deadening,carpet,the ability to change a flat tyre,but u reckon your quite happy to totally rebuild your car back to a 13sec street dog every time u leave the strip,then so be it.

How happy do u think your left leg is gonna be on a daily basis with your new 11 sec clutch setup?

After totally rebuilding the interior of your "semi comfortable" car,dont forget to jack it up & change the wheels & swap some street springs & dampers back into it.

The 11 sec supercars dont cost what they do for no reason,they achieve most of what your asking for,in a more ideal body/engine/driveline layout,with super lightweight highly engineered parts,but even then there are certain compromises to be had.

I think its time to give up on the dream & join the rest of the crowd,constantly rebuilding the engine of your rather uncomfortable daily driver & just pay/rectify the defect notices when they pop up,& start saving up for that supercar uve always wanted.
    Last edited by CRXer; 08-07-2008 at 02:27 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    the non-honda type
    i've got a good idea... how about not using a fwd platform?

Member Array
    Car:
    The Moving Kind
    CC Lancer Coupe
    Strip interior from front seats back
    Evo engine
    Work the Evo engine (pretty easy to get high power out of them if u want to spend the money)
    Keep the car looking stock, coil overs, put some light weight rims on it.
    the stock styling of them will make it fairly easy to keep the car over 100mm thus keeping it legal.

and if u were really wanting speed convert it to awd

power to weight ratio would be an absolute killer!

Member Array
    Car:
    Crew for Hi-Comp Civic
    Any car making enough power to run those times will NEVER pass an emissions test for a start, therefore being illegal.

It is not possible to have an 11sec legal FWD car. If you were to change your question and just find out about a combination to suit but it didn't have to be legal then that is a totally different story.

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    I am not talking 11s in street trim and condition..

a Street car that you could take to the drags, Throw on a set of slicks... Maybe have a tune for race fuel (high boost) ... possible a shot of nitrous... but not getting to the point of drastic weight reduction
    Last edited by Sexc86; 08-07-2008 at 03:27 PM.