Member Array
    Car:
    Gen5 VTi-R Prelude

Rockford Fosgate P1 vs JBL GT4-12

hey guys,

Im in the market for a new subwoofer and i came across a decent looking subwoofer. Its the rockford fosgate p1 12inch sub. It has a max power 300w and rms power of 150w.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....ksid=p3907.m29

Im trying to compare this to my old subwoofer ( which was stolen btw )

http://reviews.cnet.com/car-audio/jb...36.html?hhTest

Which one do you guys think is better. And in terms of the power, what difference will i be seeing since the jbl has 1000w max and 250rms compared to the much smaller power of the rockford ? both amp to exact specs of the sub.

Also does this ebay listing look dodgy ? any counterfeit possibility ?

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    In general, I'd say it looks ok because seller has decent feedback and the price sounds about right- Lifestyle had a midnight sale on not too long ago and P1 12" was $99 (usual price is $149).

I personally had the old RF P1 and that wasn't too good as I felt it sounded right but was never 'oomph' which is what I wanted... but within a month I had switched to a P2 (which has slightly better specs; IIRC it's 200w RMS) which was definitely good enough for my needs and I still use it today with a 4ch RF amp outputting 100w per chan.
    FD1 & CZ4A Driver.

Member Array
    Car:
    civic coupe
    if your going to get a RF make sure u get the genuine RF box cos they are designed for maximum power.

personally P1's dont have enough power for me.. so if i were you.. i'd save my money and get a P2 (as above) or look into Kicker Comp Vr..

Member Array
    Car:
    Gen5 VTi-R Prelude
    Thanks for responses...the midnight sale at lifestyle sounds good ! cos last time i was there all they had were like rf subs !

How much different was p2 to the p1 ? Because not only does the p2 cost more but the amp to run it would cost way more also.

Jace ur amp is that 100w rms per channel ?

personally P1's dont have enough power for me.
    This does not make sense.
    Subs don't produce power, they handle it.

I've used a P1, while its not exactly musically great, they are good subs and don't require alot of power, but their power handling gets crap after 300WRMS.

the P2 is quite a step up from the P1, but if you are running the same amount of power, they would be quite the same in output, whilst the P2 maybe sound better.

JBL GT4 is not a bad sub, again it is an efficient sub, and are quite similar.

How much power do u have?