Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Phamer

Buying a jazz, what should i know?

Hi fellow Ozhonda's

Thanks for reading and hope to hear good feedback

Im currently lookin for a Honda Jazz for my lil sis.
    For wat i have been told, the gear box of a jazz aint too great
    and now ive read some wheel bearing problems

But that still wont stop me from buying 1, as i like them and dont mind driving 1.

well wat i want to know from u honda fans are,
    Wat should i b lookin at when im finding a jazz.
    More common problems will b such a help.
    noises, wear and tear and so on
    Im lookin at a auto vti-s, cuz i like the bodykit, if it doesnt have 1, i put 1 on ;D or wont buy.
    Would b the older models 03-05 as i aint buying my lil sis on her L's a near new car.

well ur professional help would b such a help

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Phamer
    just on the news
    honda jazz rated the lowest 30/120 on security rating
    hrmm

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    DC5R with a JDM K20A
    Really? I heard it was meant to be pretty good.

Anyway, I've heard people talking about rattling or something in 02 models so look out for that. A little buzzing(or mild rattling) is pretty normal though. Not sure the difference since this is only going by what I've read.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4 & Jazz VTI...
    gearbox are fine for jazz..

Onli when u start turboing a auto jazz, its CVT gearbox cannot handle tat much power n torque.. For normal driving.. Jazz is great and will suit ur sister fine.. Get a mugen body kit like what i got for my gf.. Girls look great driving kitted little boxes (for those L15A onces, as once the k20 goes in its now longer little) around.. haha seriously.. jus get one under 50000kms to be on the safe side.. Dun get red coz its a fuked up color.. Get blue or black or white.. Silver abit common..
    Last edited by VT1-R; 08-07-2008 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Giving some respect to k20 jazz owners
    JDM Ek4 Squad Perth..
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi View Post
    Fact is you should get over ur EK4, cos its a POS FWD and its in the worse colour ever released.
    Get a real car then start bragging.

Member Array
    Car:
    '07 Jazz VTi, '00 RD1 CRV
    Wouldnt buy a CVT gearbox, especially on earlier models. Need to religiously maintain them when servicing otherwise been known to have big problems. Good luck finding a 2nd hand Jazz with a normal automatic gearbox, theres next to none. 5spd manuals are the most common and not much goes wrong.
    '91 CB7 Accord EXi (my first Honda)
    '07 GD3 Jazz VTi (mine)
    '00 RD1 CR-V Sport (wife's truck)

Member Array
    Car:
    Phamer
    thanks all for those info
    having 2nd thoughts about having a jazz now, a few friends of mine saying shit about them, and few friends saying good about them, who knows wat to believe.
    Corolla it mite b.
    How come jazz has soo much problems. Ive read soo much problems about them compare to other cars. They r hondas.

Depending on what your needs are I guess?

If ud' like to compare a Corolla, go comparing with a Civic or a Mazda 3, and both those cars would be much better drives, Civic for space and fuel, while mazda for sportiness and handling. Corolla is just in between with nothing outstanding. Toyotas are as what they are, reliable and good.

The jazz is in a totally different market, fuel efficient, small cars. U should go on looking at cars like the mazda 2 (sexy beast with great handling), the Yaris (again its a toyota), and the Getz (cheap, but not as fuel efficient as one thinks, averages like 10-12l/100km!)

I bought the jazz because of the space, intelligent interior, fuel efficiency (after you have compared with other cars, u'll know how much better the fuel consumption of the jazz really is). If i had wanted looks, i'd have gone for the mazda2, if i want something with no frills, i'd go toyota. really depends on what u want.

probably the greatest problem is the CVT box and that the Jazz or honda for that matter is not alone in that aspect, but there are ways to fix it. i bought a manual to avoid that problem, but i'll only buy manual cars anyhow =)
    Last edited by Slow_Dan; 09-07-2008 at 01:16 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Phamer
    Thanks slow dan for those info.
    If u didnt read its not for me, for my lil sis which is getting her p's soon (Hopefully), So i dont think its goin to get thrashed out, If she does, I already let her drive my rexy and she gets scared when it gets to 3,000 rpm hahah.
    I have a look around, adel has not many to offer. finding a car is such a headache. mostly when its not for u!

Quote Originally Posted by SIK_180 View Post
    How come jazz has soo much problems. Ive read soo much problems about them compare to other cars.
    taken stock 07 vti cvt on track and it hasn't missed a beat. only had to bleed the brakes and it was good as new. year and a half and 21k later with full honda service history, its still in one piece, however i will say i do get a rattle here and there...

... somewhere around the where the passenger front seat beat holder. only happens when now and then depending on how i drive

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla type R / CRV
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow_Dan View Post
    and the Getz (cheap, but not as fuel efficient as one thinks, averages like 10-12l/100km!)
    getz manual 6.1L/100km
    getz auto 7.1L/100km

source:hyundai.com.au
    is it Friday yet......

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz+Evo
    Every car ever made has problems.

I've had mine brand new since Dec 07' and have not had one problem with it. I never use the CVT (sequential) because I find it useless as it defeats the whole purpose of me buying an auto. I'd drive my manual car if I wanted to have more fun.

My 2 cents...

Quote Originally Posted by jeffske View Post
    getz manual 6.1L/100km
    getz auto 7.1L/100km

source:hyundai.com.au
    That is the manufacturer's talk. we had one, and no matter how granny you drove, it drains petrol more like 10L/100km on average