Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Phamer
    DVS-00R
    wow u had urs for 7 months, WOW brand new car, of course u wont have a problems yet, hahah

Yea with manufacturers stats, they not always right. Depends on the car itself.

So does n e 1 have a good thing why should i buy a jazz
    SUCK ME IN TO BUYING A JAZZ!!!
    ahhah

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz+Evo
    Yes SIK_180 WOW!!! lol

Well if you drive the Jazz nicely like what it was intended for (slow and steady) and not like a track car redlining in every gear just to get some sort of remote power out of it then it will be fine.

Don't get me wrong I love my Jazz but power is not it's strong point at all.

The first time I used the "so called Vtec" I thought when the hell is it going to kick in. But my brothers Civic type R, you sure can feel the Vtec in that!

lol, So after me talking about nothing for a few lines, buy one if you want to use it as a daily but if you want performance go get a turbo car.

My 2 cents

Member Array
    Car:
    Phamer
    OMFG
    i dont wanna start no flaming
    but dont u ppl read, Its for my lil sis
    I have a My05 wrx and it aint stock.

good car, easy on petrol. a full tank can get 550 atleast.
    who says cvt is bad? best to know the car history just like any other car you gonna buy. cvt is not bad so long you treat it good.

sign of vibration from cvt is bad but jerkyness can be reset. easy.
    simple - I sell wheels clicly

Quote Originally Posted by SIK_180 View Post
    Thanks slow dan for those info.
    If u didnt read its not for me, for my lil sis which is getting her p's soon (Hopefully), So i dont think its goin to get thrashed out, If she does, I already let her drive my rexy and she gets scared when it gets to 3,000 rpm hahah.
    I have a look around, adel has not many to offer. finding a car is such a headache. mostly when its not for u!
    I read your post and am well aware that you are buying for your sis, but you wanted to compare a Corolla to a Jazz, granted the prices are well positioned for comparisons, but they really are two different segments altogether.

If I'd have wanted to go talkin bout torque, i'd have recommended a mps that has ridiculous torque for you.

And you were right, there arent many second hands on sale, which tells you a story doesnt it? People are generally happy with the Jazzs bought, and not selling them As for VTI-S model, you would most definitely not find them on the market for the facelift models. I've tried, but no one's selling them, so the best bet would be to look for the pre-upgraded models.

If I were to buy my sis a car, she probably wants a small car esp for green Ps. Saves her petrol and maintenance costs, easier to handle and park. Test drive all of the small cars, i.e. Jazz, Yaris, Mazda 2, Getz, Fiesta, Colt, Polo / cooper (if you can afford the latter two). They would all drive differently, maybe your sis would end up liking the car at first drive, so take her out for one.

I've done so before buying the jazz, and know what i want from the jazz. Cargo Space (biggest in its class), Fuel consumption (actually bought the mazda 2 and getz, and asked friends who drive the yaris and jazz for comparison), zippiness (even though mazda 2 and to a certain extent getz was better), engine refineness (no other cars gave me the same feeling). Must admit, i did not try the Polo or a mini cooper, coz i know i am not going to afford that.

Summary (IMO):
    Cheaper purchase cost - Getz
    Higher resale value - Jazz
    Better Petrol Consumption - Jazz
    Great engine, but you'll hear a little bit of strain when pushed - Getz
    Best engine currently in the small / cheaper cars - Mazda 2
    Better handling - Mazda 2
    3 door versions - Mazda 2, Getz, Yaris, Fiesta
    Total Cargo Space - Jazz
    Best looks - Mazda 2
    Most Mods available - Jazz
    Safety - Mazda 2 (if upgraded to include curtain airbags)

Member Array
    Car:
    Phamer
    Thanks dreams
    sign of vibration on the gearbox i will look on it.

Not bad Slow Dan, u know how to do ur homework. smart man
    Thanks for the info and ur time.
    Im more of the rush type. Time is money, but im currently looking at jazz up in vic and nsw, as im adel.
    Theres like 5 on sale here and they r all manual or way over my budget.
    Im getting to that point that i just wanna go out and buy a new 1, or just go over my budget.
    I'll have a look at mazda 2, Yaris i thought i will buy new if i do, they r cheap as. Getz i will neva get, Fiesta maybe, colt NAH. polo and cooper, i rather give her mine and get a 08 sti.
    But jazz and corolla r fighting first, but jazz is still first
    just that i aint patient guy. Arghhhhh

Try to go for a brand new one, u'll b surprised that dealers would be happy to clear their stock (missed the end of financial year end deals though), and if for any reason ur not able to negotiate any price savings, u'll definitely be able to get at the very least 4-5 accesories! but colours may not be of premium, so u'll have to pretty much settle for whatever they have left in stock

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    Dealers have only a couple in stock of new cars and the end of fin yr specials are still on offer. They are mainly black and purple. I wanted white, silver or blue and there's none around.
    Jazz: stock, K&N panel filter.
    120 Series Prado GXL Petrol: Pacemaker extractors, Dual 2 1/4" exhaust, 70 series MT STZ's, ARB non-winch bullbar, snorkel, Dimpled and slotted rotors.

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    DC5R with a JDM K20A
    I think black is out too. I looked at Black but got a Silver.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Its forever changing
    Get a VTi Auto, the CVT in Manual mode is fantastic if you know how to drive it properly, and even left in D and just plodding around they are a great little car ! plus with the new one not to far off, there may be sum great bargans to be had on current 08 stock.

Member Array
    Car:
    Phamer
    having a look at this 1
    http://www.carsales.com.au/used-cars/private/HONDA/JAZZ/details.aspx?__sid=11ADBE0E264C&Cr=0&__Ns=pCar_Pri vateSpecialFlag_Int32|1||pCar_ImageCount_Int32|1|| pCar_LastModifiedDate_DateTime|1&State=South%2 0Australia&distance=25&silo=1003&seot=0&PriceMax=2 0000&__Nne=20&Model=JAZZ&R=5818595&__N=4294965322+ 85+243+412+504+4294965319+834+285+257&Make=HONDA&s tate_id=85&trecs=1

we decide to just get a manual.
    What u guys think about this.
    It would only take me 5hrs to get there, hahaha well worth it!!!

i dont want to pay anymore then 15, but a new 1 is only 3-8k more but my first budget was 8k.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    panda!
    get the jazz, install an aftermarket cold air intake to make some noise. Vtec isn;t too great cause i never hear it crossover, it kicks in at 4-5 k so not much use of vtec in jazz. intake will consume 8l/100km intead of 6l/100km on stock.
    stage 1