Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jdm B16a Eg5

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    Yea im still using my BREEZE radiator on my b16a and i havn't had problems yet..

Correct me if im wrong, but i think the Auto b16as have the fatter radiator but the manuals are thinner?
    Also that the auto will only fit auto cars, but the manual will fit both manual and auto cars?

Like i said tho, correct me if im wrong ^_^

btw - i was going to do the full dc2 radiator as well ..
    What needs to be done to make it fit?
    Can you still run aircon with a dc2 one? VTEChnique aircon is gone so he should have no probs.. right?
    But i just got aircon chucked in so yea? Can you run both like a normal dc2?
    Quote Originally Posted by z3lda
    ey, was drivin a honda city before...
    felt like the biggest poofter in the world..LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    I'm usng the stock EG6 radiator and the thermo fan has NEVER come on... and the temp guage has never risen pas 2/5s max temp (just under half)...

Member Array
    Car:
    ED gl saloon
    as for the auto and manual thingo...

yes you can make an auto-manual, but it is a lot more work than just getting the right one...

yes i am v. interested in labour costs too

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    my b16a conversion was 3k labour inclusive..
    but those who know me know the problems i faced so anyone offering that cheap, DONT FOOKING DO IT!! Your asking for trouble by being a tightass!

btw - my thermo stays at 1/2 exactly constantly..
    Last edited by Sir JDM; 22-09-2004 at 05:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by z3lda
    ey, was drivin a honda city before...
    felt like the biggest poofter in the world..LOL

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir JDM
    Correct me if im wrong, but i think the Auto b16as have the fatter radiator but the manuals are thinner?
    Also that the auto will only fit auto cars, but the manual will fit both manual and auto cars?

I think the Auto radiators are Dual core, manual are single.
    Last edited by ECU-MAN; 23-09-2004 at 12:22 AM.

i was lucky that nite...i got header...pretty impressive still...and i was alone, u got another person sitting beside u...pretty impressive still...kwinana motorway maybe??

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX Gen 2
    nice work looks much more impressive!
    Sure will give the EG a lot more curry!

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Civic EG5 with JDM B16
    Quote Originally Posted by na
    i was lucky that nite...i got header...pretty impressive still...and i was alone, u got another person sitting beside u...pretty impressive still...kwinana motorway maybe??
    i still cant drive it proper yet.. will take a while to get used to powerband, gear ratios, clutch and shift feel. been practicing my launches a bit more tonight but still not into VTEC as fast as you.

hehe yeah Kwinana after I've done intake and plugs.. will have to invite a certain riced-up EK4 to join us.. will make some good footage haha.

cost for labour ? well total was $3,080..they 'discounted' it to $2,150 - initial quote was for $1,000. hrmm. but i wasnt naive and knew costs for a hybrid cost would blow out but i was hoping not that bad.

I havnt had any trouble with temp using the radiator YET.. it was brand new 2 years ago genuine honda radiator so i hope it will be ok for street use.

Member Array
    Car:
    to add to that, IF I had un-damaged pulleys, un-damaged mounts, correct linkage and axles plus good condition CV's, the cost WOULD have been about $1000-$1,200 I estimate.

so the key to an ecconomical swap is to get good working order, correct parts all together before you book her in.

Member Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by egSi
    not a fan of US parts?? pfft u jdm whore jk. US parts own!!

well its not for everybody hey man.

nah get some nice headers for sure and fix ur intake and that butt dyno will be smoking! haahhaha

i liked you D but if you are happy with your b16 then thats all the matters...

is this better:

hks adj. cam gears
    spoon headers
    sure there are some jap im too

haha actually I was being a bit JDM nazi. I dont mind some DC sports, AEM and some other USA products, however I am partial to OEM reliability and Japanese QUALITY.

My D was a GREAT little motor - won me a lot of grudge matches, performed well at autokhanas and pulled 15.61" quater even before exhaust and suspension mods. only prob was needed CV's, Timing belt, Piston rings, Head gasket etc.. it wasnt down on power but i am always worried about reliability and this motor had almost 190,000kms so I wanted a sub-100,000kms motor.

RIP the D !!!!! Respect the D !! Bring on the B.

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    cool man, it excellent to hear a B16 dude still gove the d16 some respect

my Ds get long in tooth now, but it goes better than ever and i dont mind replacing things coz i upgrade as i go..

i got a timing belt and boot to do as well, sittin here lookin at me just need time to put them and some other gear on

US owns nazi boy haha
    oh wrd!

Member Array
    Car:
    Oldschool EF
    Hi,
    Just curious why the radiators on EK and EG civics are so small.
    My radiator on my 88 crx is 2 times bigger, and the aircon used to be right in front of it.
    Hey that must mean CRX is better?! =D

*Runs!*