Thread: wtf?

Member Array
    Car:
    ED's/EF

wtf?

I don't know if this is BS or what the deal is but a mate just emailed me this (my wifes car is a Jazz VTiS) and I'm a little p!ssed that her car is a lemon in terms of security... (shame on you honda!)

THE Honda Jazz is one of the most stealable cars, according to the latest Royal Automobile Club of Victoria rankings.
    It scored a paltry 30.5 points out of a possible 120 in test results revealed yesterday, making it Victoria's most stealable cars.

The baby Jazz trailed well behind the class-leading Citroen C3 at 79.5.

At the top of the poll overall, the luxurious Audi A8 offers little comfort for thieves, scoring an impressive 113.5.

The Jazz beat three workhorses - the Ford Ranger, Mitsubishi Express and Mahindra Pik-Up, which scored a miserable two points - but was well off the latest pace in theft protection.

RACV chief engineer Michael Case said: "Clearly there are big differences in the results. But the fact that some manufacturers do particularly well shows you can include all the features needed for theft protection. Some are more expensive, but Hyundai fitting self-voiding compliance labels shows you can have the latest in any vehicle.

"That costs less than $2 a car and that is the best move we've seen recently."
    Does anyone know what the issues were or what the Jazz is lacking (or how I can fix it?)

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTi-S 07 & DC5R
    They were on Current Affair about this topic last nite. I guess it's true.

at the end of the day not every car is secure, if someone wants to steal it they will whether is is secure or not. Park it in a well exposed area, don't leave anything valueable in sight and if you have the money invest on a good alarm. I haven't had anyone try to break into my car or steal it yet (touch wood) but then again my alarm is like pms, really sensitive can get really annoying and loud when it goes off and you don't want to be near in on a hot day.
    I haven't driven a Honda in years. :/ Does my honda lawn mower and whipper snipper count?

Agree with Sassy, every car i've bought, first thing i've done to it is to get it a good alarm, with sensors and 2 way remote so that i know right away that my car is getting burglar-ed. Line of sight is also important, its easier to steal a car on an empty street or secluded spot than to one that is on a busy street.

One thing to note is if your alarm is not well installed, it would still be "worthless" in terms of security. I've seen my installer demonstrated to me what most auto electricians do with installation, and how easy it is to disable.

After all said and done, alarm and security devices more likely act as deterents only, a determined n smart thief would simply break, disable, toll / driveaway any vehicle

Good thing we have cars insured but its the trouble of going through the claims process that may be of hassle to us i'd rather have my car than to go through months without one while waiting for approval and the next car!

Member Array
    Car:
    04 civic gli
    Quote Originally Posted by sassy_fit_vtit View Post
    at the end of the day not every car is secure, if someone wants to steal it they will whether is is secure or not. Park it in a well exposed area, don't leave anything valueable in sight and if you have the money invest on a good alarm. I haven't had anyone try to break into my car or steal it yet (touch wood) but then again my alarm is like pms, really sensitive can get really annoying and loud when it goes off and you don't want to be near in on a hot day.
    Yo sassy you only sayin that cause you own one.lmao just playin.
    *The lowrider sits a little higher*

insurance... full comprehensive....