Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shell to phase out Shell V-Power Racing

Hi

I thought you’d be interested to know that from the end of July ‘08, Shell will start to phase out its Shell V-Power Racing fuel in Australia.

The Shell V-Power Racing phase out from Coles Express sites in QLD, VIC, NSW & ACT will take around 6 months and will be finished at the end of the year.

Be assured that Shell V-Power, a 98 octane fuel, which has been developed with Ferrari, will be Shell’s performance fuel and continues to be available at Coles Express sites in QLD, VIC, SA, NSW & ACT.

Changing needs of motorists and their vehicles has played a big part in Shell’s decision. Shell is currently increasing the availability of Shell Unleaded E10 at Shell branded sites to make it easier for motorists to access the ethanol blended fuel.

If anyone wants to find out more info on the phase out of Shell V-Power Racing you can visit www.shell.com.au or call 13 16 18 for tech or general enquiries.

Otherwise, shout out as I’m a Shell representative so I’m well placed to answer any queries.

Cheers Adam

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 V6 LUXURY
    Are costs to consumers and slow sales the reason for the phase out?

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro
    oh the shell i go to never even had v-power racing lol, well atleast v-power will still be there for me =)

Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    this the 100 octane one yeh? only selected stations had it, was blended too, prolly made cheaper cos of the blend and sold dearer?? e85 would be good if they eventually bring it out

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    why would a fuel with approx. 17% less energy per litre than normal unleaded be good if they brought it out? where will the revenue stream from the government come from? they subsidise ethanol production at the moment you know, that means higher taxes in the long run for everyone. where will our food come from? the 200 million odd litres of ethanol required per week to have everyone running on e85 is going to take up a hell of a lot of the annual crop, which the farms and tractors couldn't produe anyway, because they cant produce enough ethanol to run themselves.
    not having a go at you just ranting, ethanol is all a political game to look like they are doing something about the energy crisis.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    Oh, I have heard that United were supposed to be supplying e85 to one station each in Sydney and Melbourne but cannot seem to find out where. I know that there is a servo in Sydney on the Hume near the end of The Horsley Drive that has e85, but that probably does not help you much.

Member Array
    knew this would happen...

I use BP Ultimate anyways...

ive tried both v-power and v-power racing...and i can't notice a difference except for easier startup in the mornings

funny thing is that mobil s8000 feels better than both in my car *shrug*

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Go Caltex whooot!
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Shell to phase out SHell V-Power Racing

Quote Originally Posted by V6LUXURY View Post
    Are costs to consumers and slow sales the reason for the phase out?
    Hi V6LUXURY

Shell has consistently led the industry's response to a changing fuel market driven by a combination of strong local and international R&D programs, and technical partnerships with market leaders such as Ferrari.

Shell introduced Shell V-Power Racing to meet the requirements of Australian motorists at the time and to demonstrate that ethanol is part of a quality fuels package.

As mentioned in my first post a changing market and changing needs of motorists and their vehicles has been the major contributor to Shell's decision to phase out the fuel.

In line with changing consumer demand Shell is currently increasing the availability of Shell Unleaded E10 at Shell branded sites in Australia to make it easier for more motorists to access the ethanol blended fuel.

Cheers
    Adam

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Thanks for the info Adam.

Do you work for Shell ?

Shell to phase out Shell V-Power Racing

Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    Thanks for the info Adam.

Do you work for Shell ?
    Hi EKVTIR-T

I work for a communications company called Edelman. Edelman Australia has worked with Shell Australia for a number of years helping them to communicate their moves in the marketplace to motorists. Being part of online forum discussions is one such way.

Thanks

Adam