You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    a great mod...do it... i got Toda in mine

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    I doubt the flywheel is balanced to the piston, rods and crank. Think about it, you have 2 pistons and rods going up, and 2 going down, plus one of the pistons is having a controlled explosion pushing it downwards with more force than the other 3. Don't think you can balance the flywheel to that. The only balancing you'd probably do is when you mate the clutch pressure plate to the flywheel.
    interesting that.. coz i'm wondering why on every car, front crank seal leak/wear is always attributed to the presence of light underdrive crank pulley.... so i thought these would go weel with a light fly to "balance things out"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by dsp26 View Post
    interesting that.. coz i'm wondering why on every car, front crank seal leak/wear is always attributed to the presence of light underdrive crank pulley.... so i thought these would go weel with a light fly to "balance things out"?
    That's because you are replacing the crank pulley with an aftermarket item. With the B, D and I think H series, the crank pulley has a built in harmonic balancer that is not present on the aftermarket pulley. Even if you got a lightweight flywheel with the lightweight crank pulley, the crank seal will still wear out.

With a K series, you can use an aftermarket crank pulley with no problems because it doesn't have a harmonic balancer.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

It is an excellent mod to do!!

The third best mod I did ( After Hondata Kpro and Function XS coilovers)

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    That's because you are replacing the crank pulley with an aftermarket item. With the B, D and I think H series, the crank pulley has a built in harmonic balancer that is not present on the aftermarket pulley. Even if you got a lightweight flywheel with the lightweight crank pulley, the crank seal will still wear out.

With a K series, you can use an aftermarket crank pulley with no problems because it doesn't have a harmonic balancer.
    makes sense.. the other engines i was thinking off have a harmonic balancer too except the 4age i think...

Because we (pulsar group of australia) spoke to a "Brett" at Go Fast Bits and they were unaware of this issue since no-one ever said anything to them. Only reason he found out and joined our forum explaining aspects was coz he was looking for reviews on the net for their product....

I'm not sure what ever became of it or if they found a way to combat it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Hi guys,

Sorry to hijack the thread but what type/brand you guys would suggest to go for lightweight flywheel and clutch kit? Seen some brands such as ORC, SPOON, etc but not quite sure which one is the better one as I am thinking of getting one myself. Its for DC5R.

I am currently have only basic bolt on mods i.e. I/H/E.

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    It did on mine. Previously, I could take off using 1500rpm. With the lightened flywheel, as soon as I slip the clutch, the revs drop from 1500rpm to about 500rpm and almost stalls.. So now I give it more throttle up to 2000rpm and take off.
    hahah learn to drive... 2000 rpm to take off on high torque euro
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitZ View Post
    hahah learn to drive... 2000 rpm to take off on high torque euro
    Hi torque? LOL! Go and drive one. You can't pull uphill at 1500rpm at 40km/h which you can do in a d16Y4.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    Hi torque? LOL! Go and drive one. You can't pull uphill at 1500rpm at 40km/h which you can do in a d16Y4.
    Yeah it's true... the gearing is quite different, and shit in a Euro. But awsome cars nevertheless.