Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BP Fuel

Excuse me! I always thought Shell was the best! been using it for years until i tried BP cause of this forum, and others.

Anyway, maybe Shell puts in more stabilizers.. like the fuel is supposed to be denser.

But last few comments are right. Shell = 50ks more, but slower off the mark.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY02 WRX
    I have noticed recently that optimax pings more than mobil, mobil has better cleaner response up high in the rev range, but I get better mileage out of BP.

Quote Originally Posted by Da1nONLY
    Suga....
    its all in your head...
    inside your thinking.... bp is great, shell is shit, bp is great, shell is shit..
    and while your driving... you'll always have that thought in your head... =P
    its only sluggish when you fill in regular unleaded! =P
    i think your assuming too much
    i've never been biased against any premium unleaded fuels

i've tried them all just to see the difference between them .. used to use optimax all the time .. and through my experience i have found that bp gives me the best performance
    so hence, its not all in my head

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    You can't base your mileage on a tank of fuel. Each petrol station use different pumps or nozzles, so they cut off at different levels.

What you have to do is use 2 tanks of fuel to find out the mileage:
    You use a brand, fill it until it cuts off, drive around and note the mileage. Go back to that same station, use the same pump and fill up till it cuts off, note the amount of petrol filled and then do the calculations.

Repeat for another brand of fuel. Always use the same pump and fill it the same part of the day (mornings are colder, so you get more fuel in because it is more dense).

Aaron

Member Array
    Car:
    MY02 WRX
    when i change fuels I use the same fuel for no less than 1 week so I know the tank has used up all the excess older fuel.

For my ED carby motor, BP definitly gets more mileage than other premium fuels.

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude Type S
    Always used optimax, until my car started getting massive lags of acceleration... thought it was an engine problem until.. Hanny told me to use BP instead. Problem solved.. too much addictive in optimax = bad for engine in the long run..
    Never use optimax unless i have to now
    the price are just about the same on Cumberland Hwy at cabra west