Threaded View

Member Array
    Car:
    V6 Twin Turbo DC2

Something to stir the pot :) UPDATED

Hey guys, im new to this forum. Some of you might previously know me from the silver honda integra, which cyber built.

Just wanted your views on something i have ALREADY done. Those who knew my old engine, it was running 11.8:1 compression on P73 00 pistons, toda valve springs, toda spec c camshafts, b16a head (ported and polished), type-r intake manifold, h22a throttle body, toda exhaust manifold, toda spec c camshafts, toda camgears, mugen headgasket, and so on.

Well the news is, i have sold the engine, and just put in a 6A12TT from a mitsubishi. For all those who do not know what that is, its a 2Litre V6, Twin turbo engine producing 307Nm or torque @ 6000rpm, and 180kw at the fly in standard. Obviously the original type-r gearbox was not kept in the car, and had to be replaced with a mitsubishi item. But yeah, its almost in. Its been fitted with a motec M8, front mount, and 3inch exhausts from turbo back.

So now its time for the criticism I had my fun with the n/a honda engine, who thinks i stuffed up and put a decent car out of balance?

And yes, there were great hours spent in how a realiable turbo setup on the honda engine would be possible, but for the money involved in rebuilding the block, i didnt see it worth it. When it comes down to it, a base turbo engine will, in my oppinon be better then a aftermarket turbo setup on a n/a engine.

CL, keep out of this
    Last edited by [AROUSN]; 01-05-2005 at 11:36 AM.