Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    V6 Twin Turbo DC2

Something to stir the pot :) UPDATED

Hey guys, im new to this forum. Some of you might previously know me from the silver honda integra, which cyber built.

Just wanted your views on something i have ALREADY done. Those who knew my old engine, it was running 11.8:1 compression on P73 00 pistons, toda valve springs, toda spec c camshafts, b16a head (ported and polished), type-r intake manifold, h22a throttle body, toda exhaust manifold, toda spec c camshafts, toda camgears, mugen headgasket, and so on.

Well the news is, i have sold the engine, and just put in a 6A12TT from a mitsubishi. For all those who do not know what that is, its a 2Litre V6, Twin turbo engine producing 307Nm or torque @ 6000rpm, and 180kw at the fly in standard. Obviously the original type-r gearbox was not kept in the car, and had to be replaced with a mitsubishi item. But yeah, its almost in. Its been fitted with a motec M8, front mount, and 3inch exhausts from turbo back.

So now its time for the criticism I had my fun with the n/a honda engine, who thinks i stuffed up and put a decent car out of balance?

And yes, there were great hours spent in how a realiable turbo setup on the honda engine would be possible, but for the money involved in rebuilding the block, i didnt see it worth it. When it comes down to it, a base turbo engine will, in my oppinon be better then a aftermarket turbo setup on a n/a engine.

CL, keep out of this
    Last edited by [AROUSN]; 01-05-2005 at 11:36 AM.

hahaha... mark i aint saying nothing cause u know that i wanted u to keep the n/a engine but i guess u not a true honda boy!!

vtec has the true power cause it roars, unlike turbos that are for pussy's are they sound like cats... :P hahaha j/j each to there own turbo's are good but n/a is awesome for the power they put out...

Will

Member Array
    Car:
    V6 Twin Turbo DC2
    I spent two years with the thing Will. IT NEVER EVER EVER GAVE ME PROBLEMS. It was the most reliable engine i had ever used. However, it did lack massive horsepower, and eventually i'd want some. And i wasnt ready to detonate a good sounding, healthy engine.

Some of you might then say, why da heck would you do something like that, and not just get rid of the car, and buy a mitsubishi. The answer is, i promised it one day i'll make it go real fast, and that day has come. I've always loved the integra. But eventually n/a wasnt quick enough, and its not pleasent lining up against a worked wrx/skyline/supra/evo/gsr/gto, etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9 Integra LS
    Hey Mark, you're finally here! John told me of the swap, thats just nuts. From what I've heard, your old engine pulled like crazy.

It's Manuel by the way.

Interesting setup.

Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    mmmm, mitsu in a honda :S Dont really like the idea of it, but hey, at least you are recognising the class of the honda chassis

why stirring the pot?? sound slike fun... good job

Member Array
    Car:
    usdm whore
    you have pictureS? please post i'd like too look at a hondbishi

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    Ditto. Sounds interesting.
    Not a fan of the airbrushing though.

Member Array
    Car:
    V6 Twin Turbo DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by joneblaze
    Ditto. Sounds interesting.
    Not a fan of the airbrushing though.

Car isnt airbrushed anymore dude Car was just finished being resprayed by madhatter.

I'll have pics either tonight or in a few days! A few people have called the car a inbred/hondabishi. I think i might need new plates now

Wheres your previous engine?
    Thinking of selling it?

Edit: its been sold as you said in the first post, forget im here.
    Last edited by Brescia; 22-09-2004 at 01:32 PM.

Mark, as i said to ya on msn, gl bro, hope it works out well for ya