Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    V6 Twin Turbo DC2
    Thanks champ

Dude, if your interested in my engine, its at the Good performance centre, at Yenorra. The dude who bought it off me, was the one who built it, and hes either going to keep it, or sell it again, as he already has about 100 Honda DOHC VTEC Engines. And hes building his own b18c Turbo motor, so give him a yell.. Tell him Mark sent you with the silver integra, and your interested in the engine/parts.
    I also gave them my type-r LSD jap spec gearbox.

Member Array
    Car:
    V6 Twin Turbo DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by Redteg
    Hey Mark, you're finally here! John told me of the swap, thats just nuts. From what I've heard, your old engine pulled like crazy.

It's Manuel by the way.
    Thanks dude. Yeh it pulled good, and wasnt even upto full potential. We hadn't even dialed in the cams, or changed the cat. Finally i signed up hey

The V6 engine isnt alot heavier?

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    Good effort (just to make it FIT!!!)... but I would slipped in some CRV driveline and gone 4WD with it while I was at it..... as a FWD, it won't be fun when you see a corner

However, this sounds like something Chop Shop Charlie would do!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    sounds crazy but congrats on your imbred ride.
    pics?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Si Hatch
    Bloody hell...talk about a two-headed beast Pics!

picsorban
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    MY02 WRX
    nice work on the conversion

upload your car to the vbgarage by clicking here
    Last edited by Rowie; 22-09-2004 at 03:32 PM.

Dude, if your interested in my engine, its at the Good performance centre, at Yenorra. The dude who bought it off me, was the one who built it, and hes either going to keep it, or sell it again, as he already has about 100 Honda DOHC VTEC Engines. And hes building his own b18c Turbo motor, so give him a yell.. Tell him Mark sent you with the silver integra, and your interested in the engine/parts.
    Thanks,
    Legend

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Sounds like some innovation. gla to see it that engine should be nicely in a light honda shell, dunno about the weight distrabution though (im no expert). Look forward to see it running, and hereing about the buildup.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Member Array
    Car:
    V6 Twin Turbo DC2
    Didnt get a chance to drop by the shop today guys. I bought a digi cam though just to get updated pics.

It was interesting seeing them convert it to manual, and convert the block to vtec, when i firstly did the engine mods with the previous n/a setup. Yes, it was GSi, and automatic

Chook, thought of exactly the same thing, though a quote of $10,000 didnt sound too good. Mind you this was purely just to make it 4wd. The 6A12TT is out of a 4wd, so yeh it would've been nice. Like you said, i wont be liking cornering alot, especially with the engine being heavier. I think its roughly 70kg heavier. Chop Shop charlie? Thats him alright. The dude is a brain. I remember asking him about conversions, and all he said was i can make anything fit. It was either going to be the evo 7 engine, or this. However the evo 7 engine more labour was involved, as the gearbox was on the other side i think, and the rotation of the shafts, engine mounts etc.

It was suprisingly a decent price which he gave me. Maybe because its the second time around i spend a fair bit with him. He sourced me upgraded breaks, 5 lug conversion, and a stiffer steering, due to the amount of torque it'll produce, and want the wheels to move alot That he threw in for free

70kg is abt twice more than a H22A adds, and in an integra, as long as the engine is mounted as far back as possible - might reduce handling issues?
    B20VTEC - since 2002