Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Jazz Airbox

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVTi-S&AccordEuroSport

My Jazz Airbox

Dyno Reading: Stock Jazz 65.83kw@wheel. With Airbox 72.03kw@wheel that is 6.2Kw Gain from intake alone!
    Dyno Reading
    Last edited by sassy_fit_vtit; 16-07-2008 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Resize picture

Member Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by marcoardeno View Post
    this dyno was done by a member of fitfreak.net, not from any trader or so. and every1 whove used it gave me a positive feedback so I second this!!
    Thx for the link haha

Thanks for doing the dyno test. i'm putting the same intake in this sat! well at least looks like the same simota intake

6.2kw gain , at the wheels on a jazz ? Thats atleast 10kw at the engine.
    You dont get these gains on larger engines from just replacing the intake.

So...does it feel any better or is this just a number ?

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport
    pwoarr NICE i wonder what i gain with my SRI

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4 & Jazz VTI...
    bear in mind.. ppl from fitfreak is a worldwide community.. including the USA n Europeans which has high reading dyno.. at best you are looking at 3-4kw atw max..
    JDM Ek4 Squad Perth..
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi View Post
    Fact is you should get over ur EK4, cos its a POS FWD and its in the worse colour ever released.
    Get a real car then start bragging.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4 & Jazz VTI...
    Quote Originally Posted by marcoardeno View Post
    mine is arriving next week but again just for some info:

1. the dyno wasnt conducted by a seller, but was done by a customer + a user of fitfreak.net
    2. the dyno was done in a manual L15A vtec
    3. the dyno doesnt seem to be reading high, start at 65kw atw sounds fair

I would like to dyno mine after putting this intake, but seriously can anyone tell me how to dyno cvt cars properly? some people have said not to use power vs rpm graph but use power vs speed, G-tech pro manual said to go power vs time instead...
    65kw atw seems a lil higher than normal la.. lol..lesser than 20% drive train loss..lol..high 50s to 60kw atw den is jus nice..also jazz lose more kw atw for auto..

this guy in ozhonda did headers,hi flow cat,(no Bpipe) with muffler i assume, crankshaft pulley & a APEXI INTAKE!!!... got 67.9kw atw.. lol.. how a stock jazz got 65kw atw if its not high reading.. cant gain only 2.9kw with all those mods i am sure..

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ight=jazz+dyno
    Last edited by VT1-R; 17-07-2008 at 01:17 PM.
    JDM Ek4 Squad Perth..
    Fact is you should get over ur EK4, cos its a POS FWD and its in the worse colour ever released.

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    I find this hard to beleive from a intake that has the filter located in a hot engine bay. It might get a few more kw's on a dyno since the car's only been running for a few mins but after 30mins of driving I'd like to see how effective it is then.
    Jazz: stock, K&N panel filter.
    120 Series Prado GXL Petrol: Pacemaker extractors, Dual 2 1/4" exhaust, 70 series MT STZ's, ARB non-winch bullbar, snorkel, Dimpled and slotted rotors.

Quote Originally Posted by BiLL|z0r View Post
    I find this hard to beleive from a intake that has the filter located in a hot engine bay. It might get a few more kw's on a dyno since the car's only been running for a few mins but after 30mins of driving I'd like to see how effective it is then.
    Lol, back to the old SRI vs CAI who is the undisputed intake champion?

On the defence for SRIs with heatshield and placement, air generally comes from forward motion, flowed from the outside. So how fast the heat from engine transfers to the air is quite negligible. 30 mins of driving would definitely warm / hot up the engine bay. But dont forget, most of the time you will be driving, and so from the looks of the pics, when air goes into the engine bay, it gets sucked by the intake as well, so its not exactly that bad that you will be sucking air from around the heated engine. Not sure if the same logic can apply to "CAI"s when the pipes closed to the engine get so hot that it warms up the air trapped within the pipes itself. Again I think its negligible.

Member Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow_Dan View Post
    Lol, back to the old SRI vs CAI who is the undisputed intake champion?

On the defence for SRIs with heatshield and placement, air generally comes from forward motion, flowed from the outside. So how fast the heat from engine transfers to the air is quite negligible. 30 mins of driving would definitely warm / hot up the engine bay. But dont forget, most of the time you will be driving, and so from the looks of the pics, when air goes into the engine bay, it gets sucked by the intake as well, so its not exactly that bad that you will be sucking air from around the heated engine. Not sure if the same logic can apply to "CAI"s when the pipes closed to the engine get so hot that it warms up the air trapped within the pipes itself. Again I think its negligible.
    i have already DIY a shield around the filter Just letting air in from the side where the air is forced up from front grill to under the headlight unit!

Quote Originally Posted by LSD GD3 View Post
    i have already DIY a shield around the filter Just letting air in from the side where the air is forced up from front grill to under the headlight unit!
    leo, how you do that?? any pic ?? i want to do that tooo

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4 & Jazz VTI...
    lol.. ok la.. macro defending jazz glory..

say its 60-65 kw atw stock ok? lol.. but CVT jazz still loses more than manual jazz anyway.. but frm ur figures.. Toda Intake(well known in Aus) and Custom catback added 6kw atw... It already proves that the 6.2kw atw gain frm a simota airbox shouldnt be seen as a guide of intake gain in australia.. at least we agree on that..

I would defintely buy that 6.2kw atw simota intake for my gf jazz if thats a geninue aussie dyno approved gain..lol.. till then.. no chance for a SRI as mentioned.. sucking engine bay heat.. in a jazz gaining 6.2kw atw..
    JDM Ek4 Squad Perth..