Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Jazz Airbox

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVTi-S&AccordEuroSport
    Quote Originally Posted by fitvpower View Post
    doesn't sound like you own a jazz lol, take a closer look, the tb on jazzes are attatched to the intake manifold and the intake manifold loops around the side to the top of the rocket cover, it does not touch the rocker cover. More likely heat generated is from a bypass hose linked to the radiator., it's like liquid cooling on a cpu(the tb), but reverse ie you transfer heat onto the tb and warm the air up
    So are you saying the intake manifold is not part of the engine and dose not get hot too?

and how hot do you think would heat up the passing air with that little time!

Quote Originally Posted by fitvpower View Post
    i live in qld we never get sub zero degrees
    Oh really? In the past month and a half I have driven 2-3 times in sub zero temps..... not 30 mins out from Brisbane too.

Having said that.. I have the coolant blocked off from going to the TB (EK4) and experienced no sticking/freezing of the TB driving in such conditions during the winter for around 4-5 years. In my opinion the real danger for it freezing over is when there is sustained WOT operation were there is large volumes of air moving through adding to the chill factor. Also rising warm air from the engine bay with a closed hood would lessen this chance.... its not like the intake is sticking out the hood like on a doorslammer.. where they are constantly spraying alcohol on the throttles to stop them freezing over.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    panda!
    first of all it's plastic and the part which comes in contact with the engine is a loooooong way from the tb housing plus. so umm it might burn ur hand if you drive 3-4 hours straight. Theory, what theory?? i actually did it and felt it myself. the fact you live in thailand and thailand is quite warm, the engine bay is already hot on top of the grilling conditions over there.

ps: Australia, it is alot colder than thailand

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    panda!
    hmm sounds like your intake manifold is metal. No wonder it's hot. Ausdm ones are plastic (like the ozhonda background). Well my mod isn't too great for metal manifolds.
    by the way, if honda designed stock intake systems to be heated by placing the majority of the manifold over the engine, why did they even bother with a coolant bypass hose to warn it up even further. Hmmmmmmmmm

lolol stop it.
    Who's your messiah now!

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    Geez, all this crap just for a "My Jazz AirBox" thread.

Back on topic:
    LSD, did you have a stock airbox before? Is this much louder than what was there before (stock or if not, what did you have)?
    Jazz: stock, K&N panel filter.
    120 Series Prado GXL Petrol: Pacemaker extractors, Dual 2 1/4" exhaust, 70 series MT STZ's, ARB non-winch bullbar, snorkel, Dimpled and slotted rotors.

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVTi-S&AccordEuroSport
    Quote Originally Posted by BiLL|z0r View Post
    Geez, all this crap just for a "My Jazz AirBox" thread.

Back on topic:
    LSD, did you have a stock airbox before? Is this much louder than what was there before (stock or if not, what did you have)?

Sorry what you mean?

Yes is much louder then the stock but only it you Rev it high. stock box is design to diffuse sound so stock box almost don't make any sound at all.

that is exactly how i feel when i first got it, cheers marco !!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda
    US got the same intake called Mishmoto
    http://www.mishimoto.com/mishimoto-h...intake-07.html

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Fit + S2000
    calm down......it just about the intake guys......for m opinon , no matter what brand u change for the intake tat not gonna make a big different, unless you upgrade all the others togther as welll as maybe end up you will feel lot more on the engine responce than the at wheel power increase.
    Honda---The Power Of Dream!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    panda!
    i got intake in mine but havn't dynoed it yet to get any figures, any body went n dynoed theirs yet?