Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Jazz Airbox

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVTi-S&AccordEuroSport
    Quote Originally Posted by hondajazz2005 View Post
    leo, how you do that?? any pic ?? i want to do that tooo
    very easy and Cheap too haha
    just need to go to a $2 shop and find the Thick Foil sheeting for stove top wall around $2-$10 up to the area you in. and lay it out so it blocks air from the engine side and let air in from under the light. Make one big U shape for the bottom and another for the top.(This is just a Cheap Ass way) One thing good about the Foil is it don’t heat up and if you are Very keen about the heat just Double up the sheeting!
    Bottom

Member Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    Here is the box made from sheet metal that I built for my DIY intake

Cool
    See my way was just lazy and cheap hahaha

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    With a head shield then it changes the game a little. I've always been a fan of the CAI pipe up to air box (OEM or Aftermarket) so the air box keeps the filter cool with the filter still close as to not loose low dow torque.
    Jazz: stock, K&N panel filter.
    120 Series Prado GXL Petrol: Pacemaker extractors, Dual 2 1/4" exhaust, 70 series MT STZ's, ARB non-winch bullbar, snorkel, Dimpled and slotted rotors.

Quote Originally Posted by marcoardeno View Post
    lol u always spell my name wrong since last year >.< u shd get hondajazz2005 to dyno his haha, i think his is manual
    yeah mine one is a manual.

and leo, what a good idea... cheap and easy
    master claymore's one look so so so nice

Member Array
    Car:
    yeah mine one is a manual.

and leo, what a good idea... cheap and easy
    master claymore's one look so so so nice
    have you changed muffler?
    cos my one muffler too loud and i wants to do a sounds file
    would be super if you could

im using the xfroce s12, if you want i can do it.

Member Array
    Car:
    im using the xfroce s12, if you want i can do it.
    Thx anyways ... but i want a just intake sound file... i may frd a frd stock jazz to do it.

thx mate

okok... marco lol...... i wanted to change wheel and coil first

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    panda!
    hint hint, i got an 04 jazz (jap built) but dunt noe about later models, do you jazz owners feel that your throttle body warms up (actually hot) after 30 min of driving? My jazz has a coolant bypass running through the throttle body so ummmmm it heats up the air before entering the intake manifold, so my cold air intake does shit all. The whole point of this is to stop the throttle valve from freezing up in cold conditions. i live in qld we never get sub zero degrees so i disconnect the water bypass hoses and wow you can feel the difference.
    this may not apply to some of the new jazzes built in thailand cause conditions over there are hot and do not need this stupid bypass thingo.

I have some materials that is not only heat proof, but fire proof too if you wanna build one i actually tried burning the sheets and they dont burn through

Member Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by fitvpower View Post
    hint hint, i got an 04 jazz (jap built) but dunt noe about later models, do you jazz owners feel that your throttle body warms up (actually hot) after 30 min of driving? My jazz has a coolant bypass running through the throttle body so ummmmm it heats up the air before entering the intake manifold, so my cold air intake does shit all. The whole point of this is to stop the throttle valve from freezing up in cold conditions. i live in qld we never get sub zero degrees so i disconnect the water bypass hoses and wow you can feel the difference.
    this may not apply to some of the new jazzes built in thailand cause conditions over there are hot and do not need this stupid bypass thingo.
    well engine gets hot!
    and the throttle body is part of the engine of cause it gets hot!
    the air at the throttle body is less then a 1/10sec away from being burn so i don't think it matters!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    panda!
    Quote Originally Posted by LSD GD3 View Post
    well engine gets hot!
    and the throttle body is part of the engine of cause it gets hot!
    the air at the throttle body is less then a 1/10sec away from being burn so i don't think it matters!
    doesn't sound like you own a jazz lol, take a closer look, the tb on jazzes are attatched to the intake manifold and the intake manifold loops around the side to the top of the rocket cover, it does not touch the rocker cover. More likely heat generated is from a bypass hose linked to the radiator., it's like liquid cooling on a cpu(the tb), but reverse ie you transfer heat onto the tb and warm the air up