Member Array
    Car:
    Civic

96-98 CTR front grill installation, help

Delete thread problem resolved
    Last edited by EK1.6LCIV; 21-07-2008 at 02:01 PM.
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra VTi-R
    sorry cant help ya bro :P

goodluck

Member Array
    Car:
    s15... corolla
    its meant to be in one piece,

previous owner must of broken it to diy the mesh there.. jus glue it back or buy a new one

Member Array
    Car:
    '02-'04 DC5 Type-R
    From the pictures, there is no indication of the cross bar/badge assembly being shaved off so I'm more inclined to say that it's the CTR grill and being CTR, I believe it came unassembled as 2-3 separate pieces having ordered one before. I just used some leftover silicone gel strips I had lying around and a heat gun to seal it. Sorry if I sound harsh but hit the wreckers for oem quality or as baeshin said - get a new one; previous owner did a tacky job to begin with and repairing it could be more time consuming and even less cost efficient if you don't have the materials lying around. I would sand down the contact points with light grit to regain adhesive potency to begin with.

Hope it helps and good luck with the restoration!
    Last edited by Prowl; 19-07-2008 at 09:02 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    no useful info supplied and found info by other means, close thread as it is useless please thanks
    Last edited by EK1.6LCIV; 21-07-2008 at 02:02 PM.

I love J-Cups

good its solved lol

genuine is the best =)
    Last edited by kn1ghtm4r3; 20-07-2008 at 10:00 PM.
    EVOLUTIONOZ - The Australian Evo Community

Member Array
    Car:
    '02-'04 DC5 Type-R
    Quote Originally Posted by EK1.6LCIV View Post
    This is a new grill and in the factory Japan box comes three pieces as mention before if you were bothered to read, as you both above have no clue what you are on btw, try doing some research before spamming my thread as it's not helpful at all. (baeshin & Prowl) k thx bye. Problem is solved, pics will follow Close thread please
    Quote Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
    I'm more inclined to say that it's the CTR grill and being CTR, I believe it came unassembled as 2-3 separate pieces having ordered one before.
    Hey OP,

Perhaps you are the one that's illiterate? And yes perhaps I have no clue what you are on after reading your latest post in view that I was pointing out that it looks like the authentic CTR grill that came in 3 pieces unlike what the other guy said. And as per requested, I was telling you how I got it to stay flush against the grill recess of my EK. So much for gratitude? How about this - YOU learn to read then learn some e-etiquette before you decide to lash out blindly with your insecurities. Um what's up with that juvenile "k thx bye" quip? Just drop the act or bring your omgimasoawesome 3 trade ratings to PM and we can continue with the cheap punts there. Oh and since we're on the topic of trade ratings, I did a quick check and you're not fooling anyone with

Quote Originally Posted by EK1.6LCIV View Post
    The previous person decided sikaflex wasn't enough
    So apparently you bought the grill on the 3rd, screwed the installation up sometime between the delivery of your omfgitssojdmiwinatlifegrill until the 16th, decided to ask for opinions on the 16th which were promptly handed to you, didn't like that some were presenting alternatives to you, came up with a weak rant about it and got schooled by me on the 20th. Guess that previous person is.. YOU? So, on top of being ill-informed and dismissive, you like to shift blame quickly to imaginary people?

Emo much "SI" boy? May I suggest some reading classes before you go spending all your parent's hard-earned cash on stuff which you'll eventually mutilate anyway. You're a joke, "son".

Eat my jdmthumbsdown e-thug

Last edited by Prowl; 21-07-2008 at 05:26 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by kn1ghtm4r3 View Post
    good its solved lol

genuine is the best =)
    Cheers, bit of a pain but got there in the end, lol.

I love J-Cups

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
    Hey OP,

Perhaps you are the one that's illiterate? And yes perhaps I have no clue what you are on after reading your latest post in view that I was pointing out that it looks like the authentic CTR grill that came in 3 pieces unlike what the other guy said. And as per requested, I was telling you how I got it to stay flush against the grill recess of my EK. So much for gratitude? How about this - YOU learn to read then learn some e-etiquette before you decide to lash out blindly with your insecurities. Um what's up with that juvenile "k thx bye" quip? Just drop the act or bring your omgimasoawesome 3 trade ratings to PM and we can continue with the cheap punts there. Oh and since we're on the topic of trade ratings, I did a quick check and you're not fooling anyone with

So apparently you bought the grill on the 3rd, screwed the installation up sometime between the delivery of your omfgitssojdmiwinatlifegrill until the 16th, decided to ask for opinions on the 16th which were promptly handed to you, didn't like that some were presenting alternatives to you, came up with a weak rant about it and got schooled by me on the 20th. Guess that previous person is.. YOU? So, on top of being ill-informed and dismissive, you like to shift blame quickly to imaginary people?

Emo much "SI" boy? May I suggest some reading classes before you go spending all your parent's hard-earned cash on stuff which you'll eventually mutilate anyway. You're a joke, "son".

Eat my jdmthumbsdown e-thug

News just in Problem is solved, geez man

I love J-Cups

Member Array
    Car:
    '02-'04 DC5 Type-R
    Your point being..? That I should have stfu after letting you run your tongue when I offered you genuine advice? Hell no. Anyway yeah, I've had enough of your weak thread and even weaker attitude so..

/end rant.
    Last edited by Prowl; 21-07-2008 at 01:16 PM.