Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Coupe9;N360;CRX

Will these wheels fit?

Hey guys,

I can get my hands on a set of really nice Rays Wheels. They are :17x9 +40 offset running 255 40 17 front, and 17x10 +48 offset running 275 40 17 rear. I have not lowered the car, but these rims are way sexy and a good price. Is there a way to get them on?

Thanks!

James.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    i dont think the rears will fit. Fronts might fit with a 245 tyre and some camber.

Rears you might get away with it if you run a stretched tyre

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Coupe9;N360;CRX
    thats what I thought. A stretched tyre aint too good for wear and handling though is it?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    AP1 GPW S2K
    just out of curiostiy what car did those wheels come off?

Quote Originally Posted by JMSBND View Post
    thats what I thought. A stretched tyre aint too good for wear and handling though is it?
    Good for drifting though!

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    thinner sideways offer sharper handling wasnt it? better turn in? dont qoute me on that though...

good luck...unless u running wide body those will scrub like a bi7ch...
    especially running those size tyres...

im running 17x8+45 F and 17x8.5 +44 R and still scrubs (occasionally)...even though rear guard is rolled (bumper shaved, bumper mounting relocated, etc)... and that with me running-2 front camber and -3 rear camber...

Im using 235/45/17 all round...

Your combo compared to mine means that ur front will stick out 18mm more than mine, and the rear will stick out 15mm more than mine...

I suggest you dont do it. Maybe ok if yours not lowered...but not lowered is gay IMO...

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    Wow.. 17x8.5 +44 235's -3degrees and rolled guards and your still rubbing?What kind of rim and tyres are they? Oh how lows your car? must be pretty low, low is good I like low mines not that low but lol.

I got 17x9 +44 245's -2.5 degrees camber semi rolled guards and I only rub the rear bumper which i need to adjust abit and it only rubs on real big ditches which my front bar will touch the floor anyway lol. And re001 have pretty fat sidewalls lol.

Take a look at this thread JMSBND
    http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php...ic=557913&st=0

You obviously wont be able to clear it without fender modification and thinner tyres.

I will be getting a new wheel alignment, more street friendly will be going with the oem uk spec aligment with -2degree rear camber it shouldn't rub but see how it goes.
    Last edited by vyets; 18-07-2008 at 01:33 AM.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Coupe9;N360;CRX
    Thanks guys, wheels are from a Supra I think. I decided to pass on them. I would love to run them but they are just too big. I want to lower my car too soon so they just wont work. Guess I will go back to the drawing board. I have these gay rims that were fitted by the dealer new and they are totally wrong offset and too narrow. barely fit a 235 on the rear and I cant lower it. The old boy I bought the car off thought they were great. They are bloody BIN Spec if you ask me.

Thanks again.

P.S. I was thinking of going standard 16" rims and just paint them black, thoughts?

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    As in you want to buy them? Or you already have them, I have my stock 16" for track rims, running 225/50 Dunlop DO1J Semis. If your guna get oem rims, try get your hands on any of the AP2 Rims Can run fatter tyres.

I was going to spray my stockies black as well.. but after looking at afew pictures, it just looks too tacky and cheap so I left them... Brake dust colour LOL
    Last edited by vyets; 18-07-2008 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vyets View Post
    As in you want to buy them? Or you already have them, I have my stock 16" for track rims, running 225/50 Dunlop DO1J Semis. If your guna get oem rims, try get your hands on any of the AP2 Rims Can run fatter tyres.

I was going to spray my stockies black as well.. but after looking at afew pictures, it just looks too tacky and cheap so I left them... Brake dust colour LOL
    I agree - leave the stock wheels the original colour. Looks best! Otherwise get some gunmetal DC5R rims, they suit the S2000s really well.

Vyets, are you running 225/50 back and front during track sessions? How do you rate the D01J's????

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Coupe9;N360;CRX
    Well I decided just to buy a set of AP1 16" rims. I am going to run 225 45 16 front and 245 40 17 rear. Got them for $200.00 from a tyre place where they were traded. I will paint them black, but not with a spray can. I will do them in 2K black. At least I know they will fit! I just need to get the right wheelnuts too.