Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BA Falcon XR6

Is your Integra economical?

Hi ladies and Gents,

We own a 03 Falcon BA XR6 and it's might be cheaper to give it to the wife and I buy a smaller daily driver.

I am toying with the idea of buying a CRX Gen 2 or 3 or an Integra for daily driving to and from work to save on fuel prices.

Is your Integra economical on petrol? How many liters is a tank, how much does it cost you and how long does it last for daily driving?

Any help would be good for research :P

Cheers,

Jesse.

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    Depends what sorta driving you do. For me driving around town and to and from work id get about 350km out of the fuel before i refill (i refill just below quarter tank to go) highway driving i can get anything up to 500km before i refill.

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    erm. a 1.6 or 1.8 n/a 4cyl will obviously use significantly less fuel than your xr6.

do you really need people to tell you this? its common sense.

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    i get about 320 for a 40 litre tank of city driving.... redline is at 8500rpm so i usually shift at about 4, if i granny shifted more id probably get 400... but who really gives a shit...

Member Array
    Car:
    Nonda Tiburon
    the dc2/r fuel tank is 40L

at worst i get 10L/100km or 400kms per tank (city driving)

mixed driving i get about 9-9.5L/100km or 450kms per tank

Highway its about 8L/100km or 500kms per tank

this is with 98 octane pertrol (usually caltex, sometimes mobil)
    ..OzHonda Spam Crew..
    ..We Welcome You Abourd!..

DC2R/DC5R Parts for SALE!

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r & EGK20a
    i got an 2000 integra type R and i work in the city, i pretty much work full time so im driving into the city pretty much everyday back and forth. i get about 480km(BP Ultimate) on full tank and i do give the car ago sometimes so its pretty good!

I get 10L/100km at the very worst, 6L/100km on the freeway.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra vtir
    in a full tank i do a mix of city traffic and freeway tarffic always.. when my integra dc2 was stock i was to get 550-600km but i barely ever use vtec... once a put filter and exhaust on i get 450-500km out of the 40lt tank

my driving style didnt chnge or traffic conditions...
    hope this helps you makes a decision

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BA Falcon XR6
    Thanks for the replies so soon, 'cept for you Mr_Will... If I baby my car I can get 11-12ltr/100km and that really being soft on it. Most of the replies here state they get about 9-10ltrs/100km which is only a litre of two less than me in city trafic. I have a larger tank and put more petrol in but we are almost chewing it at nearly the same rate... Not such a stupid question was it bro?

But thanks anyway, I am liking the integra that much more now. At least I could fit a baby seat in the back if needed.
    Last edited by JEZ83L; 25-05-2008 at 04:11 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    96 Integra
    i get 450km easy, and this is city/school/fwy what ever. my cars a few mods, it might even depend on the condition of the motor.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda
    I got 350kms full tank of DC5R city driving.

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 dc2r
    if you're starting and stopping the integra will use a lot less fuel, your xr-tank will consume a lot of gas here, however if it's freeway driving, then you're gonna get similar results.

If you carry passengers, then you'd probably need driver + 2 passengers before you're better off in the xr.