Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R....(eg DD)

dc5r brake query

hey guys. not sure if its in the right section. if its not my bad. ok i was talking to my mate abt gettin bigger brakes on my dc5r. and he said why dnt i change the front. and then put the ones that were on the front to the back. and id have big brakes at the front and the stock front brakes (calipers) on the back.
    i said i cudnt be dnt. youd have to chnge to much to do it and if u could do it why havent we seen anyone do it. anyways got the to point where we got the gloves out to sort it. and now i need some feed back if it can be done or not.
    any and all comments welcome. cheers
    UMM O..K...

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    FWD cars tend to brake mostly towards the front of the car. If you do get bigger front brakes (what are you thinking of getting?) just upgrade the rear pads... and maybe get braided lines for the back... upgrading the rear brake calipers is not needed.

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    Ive edited your thread title to something more relevant than just "need support!"

Just upgrade the fronts, no need to touch the rears really... unless your going all out tracking.
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

car = dc5R and engine = k20 ? Short of MUCH more powerful engine , or a vast amount of weight to stop (towing) there is other things to do rather than make your car stop alittle better. Upgrade pads (front and rear) , upgrade lines to braided , upgrade your front CALIPERS for more clamping pressure and better spread force etc etc. Or even change your front and or rear discs for slotted items to aid in dissipating heat and imroving braking longevity

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Corolla G
    Your stock brakes are quite good.

You honestly don't need to upgrade the calipers on the front unless you are looking into some serious track work.

Just upgrading the pads and rotors will do more than enough for street drive DC5's.

Braided lines are not essential and only aid in the braking feel imho.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R....(eg DD)
    thanks for all the comments guys. i wasnt going to touch the back really. it was more the point if it could be done or not
    UMM O..K...

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R AB02
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi View Post
    Your stock brakes are quite good.

You honestly don't need to upgrade the calipers on the front unless you are looking into some serious track work.

Just upgrading the pads and rotors will do more than enough for street drive DC5's.

Braided lines are not essential and only aid in the braking feel imho.
    well say......just basic brake pads and rotor will be enough for street and track [1-2 times a year] .....
    Mugen Whore #2

Member Array
    Car:
    737 - Ventura Bus
    then yes, of course its doable it would just be very expensive and useless.
    If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R....(eg DD)
    Quote Originally Posted by bungsai View Post
    then yes, of course its doable it would just be very expensive and useless.
    thankyou. im off to find my mate. tell him then sock him in the face. cheers
    UMM O..K...