Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado

Anyone taken just the intake resonator out?

Just wondering if anyone has done just this. I don't mean removing and installing another air box, just removing the resonator (and maybe replacing the panel filter). I'm not after any more measurable power, just a nicer induction noise. I did this on my Euro and sounds much better under WOT and accelerator response seems a little better.
    Last edited by BiLL|z0r; 18-07-2008 at 10:27 AM.
    Jazz: stock, K&N panel filter.
    120 Series Prado GXL Petrol: Pacemaker extractors, Dual 2 1/4" exhaust, 70 series MT STZ's, ARB non-winch bullbar, snorkel, Dimpled and slotted rotors.

Member Array
    Car:
    batmobile
    replacing panel filter didnt gve any difference to me ... maybe get some small size pod filter instead and youll get the sound

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    Bump, anyone else. Surely people have done this.
    120 Series Prado GXL Petrol: Pacemaker extractors, Dual 2 1/4" exhaust, 70 series MT STZ's, ARB non-winch bullbar, snorkel, Dimpled and slotted rotors.

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    Well now I know why no1 replied. There is no damn resonator. I got off my ass and had a look and air just flows ramdomly into the area under the headlight and then finds it way into a rubber tube thats the start of the intake. I guess the resonator is the nobbly bit on the first bit of rubber pipe. I'm sure you all knew this but no I know after looking myself. The Euro had this huge array of plastic chambers in the front wheel well so assumed the Jazz had something similiar as the intake pipe went the same direction.
    Time for a new thread...
    Last edited by BiLL|z0r; 21-07-2008 at 07:25 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    panda!
    for euro's with k24's just take the airbox out and attatch a pod from autobarn to the end of the platic pipe leading to your manifold. Not sure how the resonator looks like for euro (guess it's hidden somewhere) but the jazz looks like an unsidedown "J'