Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thumbs down Not satisfied with my euro..

Well i did post here long time ago, when i needed to buy a car. I steered towards the ccord euro luxury, automatic. The car has awesome handling, interior awesome. Exterior is also goodlooking etc. Thr problem is i got 48 grand drive away. (my dad bought me the car). The car is shit all performance! All the bloody fords, holdens, Subarus make it appear like a turtle. I should have gona for another car, a v6 or something. You really have to push the pedal on hills to make it go. You can get a v6 for 49 grand. I sort of regret choosing this car. Its doesnt have the quality of effortless acceleration and performance.

That is all.

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude Type S
    sad to hear your regret... so im assumming its an auto... i agree that price to performace is so not worth it.. does 0-100 in about 9.8sec is pretty slow... but some other euro accord owner clain it goes much faster than that... basically i drove my friend's euro manual... doesnt seem to have the power to the price (especially when its only 4 cylinder)... and i also drove the new accord 3.0 v6 <-- that seems more value to money.

Wouldn't you have determined this previously when you test drove it before buying it? You did test drive it, didn't you?

The euro accord isn't a sports car. You wan't power for price get an itr.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    If you're comparing the Euro to the WRX, you should go for those go fast class of cars, not the Euro. The Euro is about the whole package, not only performance. And Auto+Luxury means more weight and less power to the ground.

I agree with Alpine. A test drive is a must and also you should test drive it as how you would be driving it if you owned it. So if you tend to floor the accelerator, do it during the test drive (in a safe environment) even if the saleperson would be shouting at you after that. This is because you will be the one forking out $49k, not the salesperson

Thought about selling it for a car that suits you better? Since it is new, you wouldn't lose too much money.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    turbo it then :P

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude Type S
    Alot of mistakes people make is rushing to buy the car without test driving it but thats so common though

Eventhought its built for luxury and that... the power in it is so not worth the price.. compare to other luxury car built car.. but i still love the euro looks.. i'll buy one when they com in v6.. well IF they come in v6

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    If you bought the car and weren't happy with something that couldn't be detected (easily) during a test drive then i'd understand......but the fact that something so noticable like its 'lack of power' didn't come when you test drove it leads me to believe that you might have rushed into this. I don't think you can blame anyone else but yourself for not noticing its lack of pull.

I've driven the euro and its got enough power to get you around without too much trouble up hills. But if you wanted buckets more of torque, then you should have gone for either the 3L Accord V6 or a Falcon/Commodore.

Not having a go at you.....but you can't really blame anyone for this. 144kW from a 2.4L isn't too bad to be honest.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    while it aint a wrx (of which i previously owned) i am disspointed that u thhink its is gutless... 223nm of torque aint bad with 143kw... besides... like most vtec engines you have to wear them in... the more they are worn in, the faster they go.

i have racked up 3,200km and i am noticing already that she is loosening up and revs quicker (ok its a manual) then when i bought it...

my 97 b16a civic was an animal when i purhcased it a few years ago with 40k and b4 i sold it with 70k it was noticablery quicker... you are talking about oone of the most highest technologically advanced motors in the world... if u want to compare that against push rod sh*tty ford and holdens of which are tanks anyhow and cost a sh*tload in fuel then i think u need to really do your research better and not write off the euro b4 you have given it a chance...

think about it... the reason you seem to think these fords and holdens are so quick is that they have motors that could power up a city and are the size of a city... with japanese technology (i.e vtec, vvtli) your talking about power without the need for bigger displacement (which equates to weight). In some cases its fair to say you dont need that much torque if you dont have that much weight.

you should've got the manual version.

I think it's got adequate power for a mid size sedan.

Is your car run in already? it might be slow because the car is new and need sometime for the engine to run in.

I'm still running in my car...but i feel this car is gonna be a fast one
    Last edited by baboo; 23-09-2004 at 02:38 PM.
    BNR34 N1 spec
    QR Sprint - 57.79
    QR Clubman - 60.74
    QR National - 1:22.71

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Faiz
    Well i did post here long time ago, when i needed to buy a car. I steered towards the ccord euro luxury, automatic. The car has awesome handling, interior awesome. Exterior is also goodlooking etc. Thr problem is i got 48 grand drive away. (my dad bought me the car). The car is shit all performance! All the bloody fords, holdens, Subarus make it appear like a turtle. I should have gona for another car, a v6 or something. You really have to push the pedal on hills to make it go. You can get a v6 for 49 grand. I sort of regret choosing this car. Its doesnt have the quality of effortless acceleration and performance.

That is all.
    Hang on a second - let me get this right.. Someone purchased the car for you and you are regretting the decision?! I would be thanking my lucky stars that someone is prepared to give me 48k for a car... It is just like winning a car in a raffle!

Anyway, that is beside the point. The Euro Auto Lux is definately the fat ass model in the range. It would be just as fast if not faster than many luxury cars out there like the VW Passat (even the V6 Passat is slower), Audi A4, Volvo S40, 318i BMW etc, etc. You should also give it 10k on the clock before you really judge the performance. These cars are also more expensive than the Euro.

yes, there are faster cars out there. As a total package, however, I think you did pretty well with the Euro. Or at least you could have done a lot worse...
    Last edited by yfin; 23-09-2004 at 02:49 PM.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Hang on a second - let me get this right.. Someone purchased the car for you and you are regretting the decision?! I would be thanking my lucky stars that someone is prepared to give me 48k for a car... It is just like winning a car in a raffle!
    Ditto!

BTW the ford (at the time of him purchasing his car) has no pushrods
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq