Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I love my Euro!! Sure it lacks the pull of my TypeR but for comfort and saftey it leaves the R for dead, I can hardly complain about it being automatic as it's a refreshing change from the short throw 6 speed in the R.. Maybe if you purchased the manual you might have got a little more out of it.. But hey beggers can't be choosers.

well, after reading all your replies my answer is:
    I share this car with my dad and he wnated an auto. It does have sequeatial shift and by using it the car is a second faster.
    I could have gona for the subaru 3 iltre, (i loved it ) My dad said its not a good car? He said subarus are a thrid class car making company and there cars are shit.....old people what can i say...I begged for that one but sadly he said no.
    After doing heaps of research on the internet i decided it would be either the 3 litre liberty or the accord euro.
    I crossed out all fords and holdens because of the main reason was too much fuel they eat.
    I reserached alot on the internet and was looking for something which had awesome handling, good interior/exterior and performance. But most of all fuel economy.
    My dad loved the v6 accord but after reading endless reviews on the internet, its handling wasnt great, torque steer was present, no enjoyment in the drive. Basically it was a family or old mans car. But most of all it didnt have that semi auto.
    The only choice had left was the euro because my dad was not prepared to buy the subuaru liberty 3 litre.
    I should be thankful i have that car and i am but for that price there should be a optional v6 availible.
    I have drove my euro 5300 kilometres and no it hasnt got any faster. Its the same. And how much do we have to drive it to increase its performance? and how many seconds faster does it get?

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    You are certainly a weird one aren't you? You are after performance yet you don't want a ford or holden because they are petrol guzzlers??? You can't have both performance and fuel efficiency at the same time. Doesn't make any sense if you ask me. Also, could you please point me to a car in a similar price range that offers better performance and luxury features that Accord Euro provides? I'm trying to come up with some but I can't seem to think of any car that comes close to Accord Euro. If performance was so important to you you should have gone for something like WRX which looks tacky aesthetically but offers great performance. I also think you paid way too much for the car.

EDIT: BTW Libery 3.0R is $51000 + on-road which is way more than what Accord Euro Luxury costs.
    Last edited by coladuna; 23-09-2004 at 04:44 PM.

Wait Wait Wait.
    You had a choice of a car and your dad was buying it for you and you bought a EURO?
    Please tell me your kidding?
    I would of got a R-34 GT Skyline for that.

Sorry man, but yeh it might be luxury and all but what you payed i would of bought alot of other things before the Euro.

Member Array
    Car:
    VIP Nissan Cima
    Umm.. i think his dad had alot to say about what car he ended up with (hence him not buying the Subaru).

Believe it or not, but most parents dont see the high speed handling and 0-100 times as deciding factors in buying a car. And to top it all off, skylines are not brand new (which all of the other options he had were), and they are imports; which means the resale of them is ridiculous, insurance is a joke, and security is nowhere near what locally delivered cars have (Japan has much lower theft rates - car alarms are still just gimmicks over there, just for showcars etc).

Anyway, i agree with Coladuna;
    * Performance,
    * Luxury,
    * Fuel Efficiency
    Pick any 2...

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    Not everyone wants to fork out thousands of dollars for insurance alone.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    i agree with the subaru comment, even recent Liberties (despite being damn sexy cars) have headgasket and other problems, so getting a Honda was a good idea in that regard.

But hey, unless you wanna buy yourself a car and let your old man have the Euro, suck it up man, there are much worse cars you could be driving out there

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by LUD02C
    Wait Wait Wait.
    You had a choice of a car and your dad was buying it for you and you bought a EURO?
    Please tell me your kidding?
    I would of got a R-34 GT Skyline for that.

Sorry man, but yeh it might be luxury and all but what you payed i would of bought alot of other things before the Euro.
    Yeah - R34 Skyline is nice but Faiz is worried about fuel consumption so I don't think he will like the insurance cost for the R34.

Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    Sound like a spoilt kid to me.

not spoilt, just thought there were better cars out there. I agree that you cant have performance and fuel consumption at the same time but look at the honda v6's there fuel consumption is the same as the euros. I reken this car deserves a few more killowats. Subarus having problems? havnt really heard of any. I should stop whinging and all because i should be fortunate that i am driving a car like the euro. Any when i buy a car it will definetly be the awd legend....man its tuning out to be great car!!!

Can any one answer my question about increase in performance in the car euro? how many seconds does it improve by and how much you gotta drive it.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Faiz
    not spoilt, just thought there were better cars out there. I agree that you cant have performance and fuel consumption at the same time but look at the honda v6's there fuel consumption is the same as the euros. I reken this car deserves a few more killowats. Subarus having problems? havnt really heard of any. I should stop whinging and all because i should be fortunate that i am driving a car like the euro. Any when i buy a car it will definetly be the awd legend....man its tuning out to be great car!!!

Can any one answer my question about increase in performance in the car euro? how many seconds does it improve by and how much you gotta drive it.
    With increased mileage (say around 10k+) the car responds much better. The difference is noticeable with the 6MT (probably close to 0.5 to 1 second faster compared to when the car had 4000km).

I know bugger all about the auto but the car should improve with more miles and the 10k oil change. If you want to drop seconds off you will need to mod your car.

I think someone hit the nail on the head earlier - you paid too much for your euro. There are plenty of other nice cars in the $45-50k range. The Euro is probably a better value proposition in the $35-40k range in standard trim (and I am biased towards the 6MT standard).
    Last edited by yfin; 23-09-2004 at 07:02 PM.

Memory oF A PIMP'n Euro Array
    Car:
    Bavarian Motor Works
    If u want to make ur euro faster u first of all shouldn't have bought a automatic in the first place....

For $48k what car can u get that has leather, Electrical Seats, Heated Seats, Sunroof, HID Lights. Not even the Liberty can match it for price. The Accord Euro is one of the most competitevly priced car as a whole package. A Wrx is real fast but look at the inside of it. It looks so like a Lancer (eg. Looks old interior while the Euro looks very ergonomic).

If you want ur Euro to go faster do mods to it to make it go faster. But remember the Euro wasn't made to be a high Performance car...