Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Suburu's having problems?
    My friends and family all drive subarus all different models and ages not one has had a problem.

And whoever said that Japan doesn't have good security look at the top sports cars.
    I just been in a 22b upgrade 04 Sti and just to start it you have to turn 2 alarms off and type in a password in a mini pad just to start it (thats standard from Japan)

I'm sure the R-34 will come with something like that.

Don't get me wrong, the Euro is a great car.
    Honda and Toyota have the best reliabilty (toyota better i think)
    But since you are going on about performance i just think it was the wrong choice.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin
    There are plenty of other nice cars in the $45-50k range. The Euro is probably a better value proposition in the $35-40k range in standard trim (and I am biased towards the 6MT standard).
    What kind of car are you talking about though? I really can't think of something good even in that range. When I say that I mean cars in a similar class as Accord Euro.

Quote Originally Posted by Pum[Z
    ] For $48k what car can u get that has leather, Electrical Seats, Heated Seats, Sunroof, HID Lights. Not even the Liberty can match it for price. The Accord Euro is one of the most competitevly priced car as a whole package.
    Can't agree more. For example, both Mazda 6 and Libery have engines which produce somewhere in the vicinity of 120kw which is pathetic compared to the Euro.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by coladuna
    What kind of car are you talking about though? I really can't think of something good even in that range. When I say that I mean cars in a similar class as Accord Euro..
    I was thinking A4, V6 Vectra, SS V8, XR6 Turbo - that sort of sedan. Query whether they are in the same class but they are in that price range.

I would personally still take the Euro over these cars (I rate Hondas highly) - but a 48K euro is not cheap. The standard 6mt is the top value model - 25% cheaper but as good a car.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin
    I was thinking A4, V6 Vectra, SS V8, XR6 Turbo - that sort of sedan. Query whether they are in the same class but they are in that price range.

I would personally still take the Euro over these cars (I rate Hondas highly) - but a 48K euro is not cheap. The standard 6mt is the top value model - 25% cheaper but as good a car.
    A4 is a lot more expensive than $50K. I think they are more like mid $50K to high $50K on-road. I won't even talk about Vectra because it's a Holden.
    ditto for SS V8. XR6 Turbo has crap interior and also uses heaps of petrol.
    They are also more expensive compared to Euro.

I think he only has himself to blame for getting ripped off. At $48K for Accord Euro Luxury Auto, he apparently didn't get a single cent of discount, which is pretty dumb thing to do when you're buying a new car.

Anyway, from the way he's talking, he certainly lacks any kind of knowledge about cars. Shaving off seconds just from running in the engine? Hell, what are you smoking? I'd be surprised if he even knows how to drive a manual car.

The only direct competitor of Accord Euro really is Mazda6 and Accord Euro kills it in every department.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by LUD02C
    I just been in a 22b upgrade 04 Sti and just to start it you have to turn 2 alarms off and type in a password in a mini pad just to start it (thats standard from Japan)
    Well, they had to do something about it sooner or later because of the ridiculous insurance premium on WRX and STi. I read on newspaper that since the introduction of datadot and the keypad feature, the number of WRX's stolen has decreased from more than 400 a year to less than 10. Can't remember the exact figures but it was a very dramatic drop.
    They would've had to do something because people were pushed away due to high insurance premium.

Member Array
    Car:
    slow taxi
    Faiz - you got a very good car. Not saying you don't deserve it, but it could have been worst. Sequential is not too bad. Go practice some left foot braking. Don't be too worried about the performance. Enjoy the luxury. When you have your own money and know what are you looking for, then go and get urself something that gets your heart beating. If you can handle the cost of running it. Right now you have a very very nice car practically GIVEN to you. Heck.. what are you complaining about? You want performance wrapped in leather, you're looking at the wrong side of $90K.

You're lucky he didn't get you a camry wagon. Enjoy it...euro's a nice car, performance, can come later, unless you want to turbo it. that's heaps more $$$ and not sure if your dad's up to it. Afterall it's him who is driving it too.

If you say your not spoilt, just take it and enjoy for what it is.. an euro LUXURY. I don't know much about you, maybe you need to appreciate that dad actually got you a nice car.

cheers mate.. chill..

no i dont know much about cars, but i know what is important and what is not. Power, torque, capacity, cylinders valves all that shit i know. Some of you guys suggested modding? well i donot want to mod because it recks the car. I like cars just the way they are made and dont wanna mess around with a car and reck the qualities the engine are supposed to have.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by linkorr
    Faiz - you got a very good car. Not saying you don't deserve it, but it could have been worst. Sequential is not too bad. Go practice some left foot braking. Don't be too worried about the performance. Enjoy the luxury. When you have your own money and know what are you looking for, then go and get urself something that gets your heart beating. If you can handle the cost of running it. Right now you have a very very nice car practically GIVEN to you. Heck.. what are you complaining about? You want performance wrapped in leather, you're looking at the wrong side of $90K.

You're lucky he didn't get you a camry wagon. Enjoy it...euro's a nice car, performance, can come later, unless you want to turbo it. that's heaps more $$$ and not sure if your dad's up to it. Afterall it's him who is driving it too.

If you say your not spoilt, just take it and enjoy for what it is.. an euro LUXURY. I don't know much about you, maybe you need to appreciate that dad actually got you a nice car.

cheers mate.. chill..
    thanks mate, your right. Well 0-100 in 8 seconds sequential aint bad. Any way its not like im racing it.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Last edited by yfin; 23-09-2004 at 09:10 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Think about it this way - at least he didn't get you the auto Lexus IS200. It costs more and does 0-100 in something like 11.3 seconds....

Member Array
    Car:
    am bu lan
    lol actually i would of rather the lexus is200!! LOOX moore sexy!

Faiz,

when you are like your dad's age you'll feel the Euro is fast.
    BNR34 N1 spec
    QR Sprint - 57.79
    QR Clubman - 60.74
    QR National - 1:22.71