Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Aurion v6

Looking to respray dc2r

hey guys mate of mine is looking to respray his dc2r. currently the paint is ok tho its got dents here and there and scratches and he wants to just respray the body.. no inside engine bay or under neath door trimmings etc.. just the outside of the whole car. its currently Nighthawk black and he just wants to respray it the same color so the car looks fresh and new again..

Question now is how much would he be looking at in price.?
    any suggestions of places in sydney?
    D.T

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by TRUMAN View Post
    hey guys mate of mine is looking to respray his dc2r. currently the paint is ok tho its got dents here and there and scratches and he wants to just respray the body.. no inside engine bay or under neath door trimmings etc.. just the outside of the whole car. its currently Nighthawk black and he just wants to respray it the same color so the car looks fresh and new again..

Question now is how much would he be looking at in price.?
    any suggestions of places in sydney?
    Looking at around $2k give or take (at least in Melbourne).
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux
    Its difficult to give any sort of accurate quote without inspecting the car. Depending on the severity of dents, condition of the panels and it will also depend on the type of paint you want it to be sprayed in.

Quote Originally Posted by Zdster
    Looking at around $2k give or take (at least in Melbourne).
    To get a good job that quote sounds like you either know them, its not good work...or they use acrylic paint.

For a decent TwoPack spray job (you would not want to get anything else with a Genuine Type R, anything else would ruin the resale value and longetivety of the paint work.

I would probebly say upwards of $3,500, easy if its a good job. TwoPack paint itself is worth almost $800 not including filler, consumables, primer, thinners, hardeners etc.

Always ensure you are getting a TwoPack paintjob. It's very important expessially because its black, where flaws show themselves very easily.

Regards,
    Andrew
    Last edited by Sp00ny; 24-07-2008 at 05:27 PM.
    >> Now Known as "Phased"

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    for nbp, for the outside of a car with minor dents and scatches i was quoted 1900.

paint would cost bout 500, the issue is finding someone good to paint a car in pearl :S

also tot acrylic cost more than 2pac

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by XP02ED View Post
    for nbp, for the outside of a car with minor dents and scatches i was quoted 1900.

paint would cost bout 500, the issue is finding someone good to paint a car in pearl :S

also tot acrylic cost more than 2pac
    Acrylic is a thinner, less durable and air dryed paint. With either a laquer or urethane base.

TwoPack is thick, and has to be heat treated in order to reach suitable hardness. TwoPack has a much glossier finish without polishing/treatment and is much, much more durable than acrylic.....However due to the thickness it is alot harder to hide spraying imperfections and needs a steady and experienced sprayer

TwoPack is usually more expensive, depending on what brands you go with.

Acrylic is usually cheap, artists use differant variants of it.

Regards,
    Andrew
    Last edited by Sp00ny; 24-07-2008 at 05:29 PM.
    >> Now Known as "Phased"

Member Array
    Car:
    4 banger
    go acrylic mate and spray it urself lol, would cost lest then 500 for equipment and paint. or pay someone to do it and go 2pac. 1-2k anymore then 2k = rip
    ohh herrow im jdm

lol re-spray's cost more than 2k hahahahaha

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by ef-civic View Post
    lol re-spray's cost more than 2k hahahahaha
    Thanks for your insight
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Member Array
    Car:
    NSX/DC2R/1kRR
    Quote Originally Posted by tekung89 View Post
    go acrylic mate and spray it urself lol, would cost lest then 500 for equipment and paint. or pay someone to do it and go 2pac. 1-2k anymore then 2k = rip
    What a load of crap.

To do the job *properly* there is many hours of part removal and refit, including the bumpers, skirts, rear 3/4 glass, etc etc...

For $2000, I would hate to see the job that you'd get....

i got a quote in melbourne, wanted to respray my dc2, to Artic Super white. Atm it is frost white. I got a quote for 1.5k, cheap it might be, but they do an awesome job. =)

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by freakygeek View Post
    What a load of crap.

To do the job *properly* there is many hours of part removal and refit, including the bumpers, skirts, rear 3/4 glass, etc etc...

For $2000, I would hate to see the job that you'd get....

so coz they take out your bumpers and skirts then refit it its "proper".

u dont need to refit your bumpers if it was there already fitted or OEM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CBF250
    pots of paint and and brushes! cheap as

na seriously tho, if u know the right people u can get a cheap good job, but if u dont k now them i wouldnt settle for anything cheap, u get what u pay for in life
    I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other